Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Artificial Intelligence online MSc
In recent years Artificial Intelligence (AI) has become more closely connected to societal change and human progress, calling on new, powerful data algorithms to ensure intelligent machines work more collaboratively with us than ever before.
Our online MSc in Artificial Intelligence is designed to give professionals from computer science – and a host of other disciplines – the opportunity to specialise in AI and meet the increasing demand for experts in this exciting, challenging and rapidly growing field.
Impacting industries as diverse as finance and healthcare, AI has a broad application across a variety of business functions, including marketing and policy-making. Importantly, this online AI MSc also addresses the ethical implications of advancing machine intelligence, and related issues around transparency and accountability – elements often overlooked in the rush to stretch the boundaries of technology.
Do you have questions about COVID-19 in relation to this course?
At findcourses.co.uk we are committed to helping everyone who wants to learn, to learn. So are our trusted partner providers.
Get in touch on this page to find out whether there are any changes to this course in light of COVID-19.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Typically, you should have a first or second class bachelor’s honours degree or international equivalent, plus A-level Maths (or at least one passed maths unit at degree level)
Applicants must have an IELTS score of 6.5 with no less than 6.0 in any band
Outcome / Qualification etc.
- Understand the statistical context that applies to processing and modelling data
- Implement data science functionality in a relevant programming language
- Apply a range of modern analytic methodologies using relevant software libraries
- Demonstrate the processes involved in the practice of data science and statistics
- Undertake an individual innovative project, completing it to a professional standard
- Show critical awareness of the current and future directions of technology in AI
What will you learn?
- Gain techniques to analyse and propose solutions to AI problems
- Apply relevant ethical, legal and professional standards governing AI activities
- Work effectively in a team to design and develop software-based systems
- Select the most appropriate solution, considering innovative alternatives
- Present rational and reasoned arguments using appropriate conceptual tools
- Demonstrate initiative in both specification and organisation through project work
Training Course Content
- Principles of Programming for Artificial Intelligence
- Mathematics for Artificial Intelligence
- Foundations of Artificial Intelligence
- Artificial Intelligence Systems Engineering
- Introduction to Natural Language Processing
- Applications of Artificial Intelligence
- Humans and Intelligent Machines
- Further Artificial Intelligence
General Pathway (select one pathway)
- Machine Learning
- Artificial Intelligence as a Social and Political Practice
Technical Pathway (select one pathway)
- Foundations and Frontiers of Machine Learning
- Reinforcement Learning
- Robotics and Machine Vision
- Research Seminar and Project Preparation
In order to help you to take advantage of a wide range of future career opportunities, the online MSc in Artificial Intelligence contains a broad range of practical subjects, such as programming, data science, and robotics. This enables a comprehensive understanding of AI and its application in the real world.
You can opt to take two specialist pathways: one focused on AI in context, with the other exploring technical aspects of AI in further depth. As a result, whether you're seeking to fill the digital skills gap or eager to learn about the latest breakthroughs in AI, this course will challenge your thinking and give you the tools to apply your knowledge into practice.
The University of Bath
Join a world-class university with a reputation for research and teaching excellence. Packed with engaging, challenging, real-world content, you can explore which online MSc would be most suited to you. Bridging the gap between data science and business management, the...