Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Level 2 Certificate in Living in a Fair and Diverse Society
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) reports that unemployment rates were approximately 6% higher for ethnic minorities than white people in 2018. This is just one example of the inequalities that still exist throughout the UK. Therefore, it is crucial to ensure that we educate ourselves about supporting and promoting equality and British Values.
This qualification aims to improve your knowledge of equality, diversity and inclusivity, and the four British Values, for either your personal or professional life.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
The benefits of this course include:
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Develop a greater understanding of the Prevent duty and British Values
- Study will enhance both your personal skills and professional development
Training Course Content
This course is split into four manageable units:
Unit 1: Equality and Diversity
- Section 1: Equality in daily life
- Section 2: Diversity in daily life
- Section 3: Inclusion in daily life
- Section 4: The impact of the Equal Pay Act 1970
- Section 5: The impact of the Equality Act 2010
Unit 2: Promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Section 1: How to promote equality and diversity in daily life
- Section 2: How to promote equality and diversity in own life
- Section 3: How to promote inclusion in daily life
Unit 3: Positive Equality Movements
- Section 1: The need for positive equality in daily life
- Section 2: Discrimination in daily life towards others
- Section 3: Positive equality events held in the UK
Unit 4: British Values
- Section 1: British Values as they apply to all residents of the United Kingdom
- Section 2: Democracy as it applies in the United Kingdom
- Section 3: The Rule of Law as it relates to daily life in the United Kingdom
- Section 4: Individual Liberty as it relates to daily life in the United Kingdom
- Section 5: Mutual Respect and Tolerance as it relates to daily life in the United Kingdom
Course delivery details
- This course is delivered via distance learning, allowing you to choose when and where you study
- Personal Tutors are assigned to you to ensure you have the support needed to succeed.
Why choose The Skills Network
Extensive range of online courses
Over 30,000 learners gaining accredited qualifications each year
Award-winning learning solutions
The course is Fully funded (Subject to availability)
To be eligible for funding you must be aged 19 or over, have been living in the European Union for the last 3 years and have not previously completed the course you are wanting to enrol on.
If you do not complete the course, you may be liable to a £100 resource and registration fee.
Contact the provider for more information about pricing.
Once you have completed this course, you could progress onto the following:
- End Of Life Care Training - Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care
- Adult Social Care Level 2 - Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
- Dignity And Safeguarding Level 2 - Certificate in Understanding Dignity and Safeguarding in Adult Health and Social Care
- Online Dementia Course - Certificate in Principles of Dementia Care
The Skills Network – Distance Learning Courses for Skills Development
The Skills Network is a market-leading training provider, delivering distance learning courses across a range of sectors. With a wide portfolio of highly flexible courses, The Skills Network supports employers and learners to develop their skills and achieve their goals. Whatever the...