Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Introduction to ArbitrationThe Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
Develop your understanding of the principles of arbitration, the initial procedures undertaken by an arbitrator, legal aspects and knowledge of alternative dispute resolution methods.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Professionals working within the built environment who want to gain a basic understanding of the arbitration process or want to see if arbitration is the right path for them. Also, a perfect taster for anyone who is considering enrolling on the RICS Diploma in Arbitration.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
- Know the situations that could occur that might result in arbitration being used to resolve disputes
- Understand the legal aspects of arbitration
- Understand the initial procedures of the arbitration process
- Understand the process of arbitration subsequent to initial procedures
Training Course Content
Situations that may result in arbitration being used:
- Different types of alternative disputes resolution
- Circumstances and situations in which the use of arbitration to resolve disputes is appropriate or compulsory
Legal aspects of arbitration:
- Key principles of the 1996 Act
- Relevant rules that apply to arbitration
- Rights of the parties to a dispute to challenge an arbitrators award
Initial procedures of the arbitration process
- Factors that an arbitrator should consider before accepting an appointment
- How an arbitrator should open communications
- Legal aspects relevant to the initial proceedings
Process of arbitration subsequent to preliminary procedures
- Duties of an arbitrator and the parties
- How the arbitration process is managed
- Process for producing an award
Provider: The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS):
World's leading professional body for qualifications in land, property and construction
RICS is professional, independent organisation with more than 118,000 qualified members and over 50,000 students and trainees in over 140 countries, established in the UK by Royal Charter. It is committed to setting and upholding the highest standards of excellence and integrity...
Contact information for The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
Contact The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors