Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Certificate in Quantity Surveying Practice
A quantity surveyor is concerned with the costs and financial management of the building life-cycle. In this course, we will cover both pre and post contract processes, the commercial management of construction and concepts on various procurement options; the production of tender documents; the contractor's tendering procedure and strategy; and the detailed process undertaken by the contractor to price tender documents.
This is an intermediate-level QS course designed for both members and non-members. In this course, delegates will cover technical training around the key principles of tendering, estimating and pricing and provide you with knowledge of construction contracts and their financial provisions, procurement options; the production of tender documents; the contractor's tendering procedure and strategy; and the detailed process undertaken by the contractor to price tender documents.
The aim of the course is to provide knowledge and skills in the core competencies of quantity surveying. Each content module is structured around one of the core competencies of the quantity surveying and construction pathway.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is for you, if you:
- work in the Quantity Surveying sector who is looking to gain core knowledge and skills required in the industry
- need an in-depth understanding of how to establish, manage and report on construction costs underpinned with an understanding of construction methodology and contracts
- are studying the APC Quantity Surveying pathway and need support with the technical modules on your pathway
Please be aware that this is a professional training course, aimed to give you the practical knowledge need to succeed in your career. It is not an accreditation and does not lead directly to membership of RICS, or to becoming a Chartered Surveyor. If you are interested in becoming RICS qualified, please check out this page.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
- Implement and advise on appropriate contracts and procurement and tendering processes relevant to the project and client needs
- Plan, manage and report on project costs accurately throughout the lifecycle of a project
- Consider the impact of differing legal systems, contractual mechanisms and construction technology on construction costs
Training Course Content
Module 1: Construction Technology and Environmental Services for Domestic and More Complex Buildings
Module 2: Procurement and Tendering
Module 3: Design Economics and Cost Planning
Module 4: Quantification and Costing of Construction Works
Module 5: Construction Law and Standard Forms of Contract
Module 6: Project Financial Control and Reporting
Review and Reflect
RICS Member: £915.00 + VAT
Non Member: £1099.00 + VAT
The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS):
World's leading professional body for qualifications in land, property and construction
RICS is professional, independent organisation with more than 118,000 qualified members and over 50,000 students and trainees in over 140 countries, established in the UK by Royal Charter. It is committed to setting and upholding the highest standards of excellence and integrity...
Find out more about this Certificate in Quantity Surveying Practice course - simply fill out your details: