Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Certificate in Building Information Modelling (BIM) - Project ManagementThe Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
Certificate in Building Information Modelling (BIM) - Project Management
The Certificate in Building Information Modelling Project Management will cover the entire BIM project lifecycle and provide you with detailed knowledge and the skills required in order to manage each step of the project.
BIM is a methodology, a process. A project manager has a critical role when advising clients, internal and external stakeholders about the benefits of BIM – how, when and where BIM can contribute to the project outcomes and then have the skills and knowledge to manage the project. The BIM manager is required to understand the BIM process, create the project environment in which BIM can work effectively: they set the outcomes and process and requirements across the teams. This course will give you the skills and knowledge to effectively manage a BIM project at each stage.
The feature of this course is a simulated BIM project which will run throughout the course to embed practical knowledge at each stage of the BIM project process.
Suitability - Who should attend?
The course is suitable for professionals with at least 5 years of experience in managing projects within the built environment including:
- Quantity surveyors
- Project managers
- Building surveyors
- Asset managers
- Facilities managers
- Cost engineers
- BIM managers
- BIM Coordinators
- Construction project managers.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
200 Formal CPD Hours
After the completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Identify the business case for BIM
- Create an EIR and BIM execution plan including the process, content, production and evaluation
- Apply the processes and standards applicable to the management of information
- Identify who and how to engage with the right stakeholders at each stage of the project lifecycle
- Apply the tools and techniques that support enhanced collaboration among the project stakeholders
- Understand the technology and the common data environment that supports BIM
- Understand the application of technology in one or more of the following: geo-spatial, design, cost, time and facilities management environments
- Recognise the level of detail that BIM models can contain and how this relates to the stages of design, construction and maintenance
- Know how BIM requirements can be implemented within the project legal, procurement and tendering framework.
- Recognise the legal implications of BIM
- Evaluate contract requirements and commercial data of BIM models.
Training Course Content
This intermediate level course is made up of the following 8 technical units covering the practices and principles of BIM in project management:
- Module 1: Introduction to BIM and the business case of BIM
- Module 2: Strategic definition phase
- Module 3: Preparation and brief phase
- Module 4: Concept design, developed design, technical design, construction phases
- Module 5: Handover and close out
- Module 6: Operations and end of use
- Module 7: Course summary and exam
RICS member: £895.00 + VAT
Non RICS member: £995.00 + VAT
The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS):
World's leading professional body for qualifications in land, property and construction
RICS is professional, independent organisation with more than 118,000 qualified members and over 50,000 students and trainees in over 140 countries, established in the UK by Royal Charter. It is committed to setting and upholding the highest standards of excellence and integrity...
Find out more about this Certificate in Building Information Modelling (BIM) - Project Management course - simply fill out your details: