Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
APC Accelerated Learning: ResidentialThe Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
Join our 10 month support program that is specifically designed for APC candidates to give candidates the best chance of passing final assessment.
In this course, we will cover the core skills required by residential chartered surveyors, focussing on core competencies identified by RICS’ industry expertise. This includes the principles and best practice related to activities like inspecting properties, valuing properties, letting and leasing and many more.
In addition, the course will support professionals throughout the membership assessment process and activities, including RICS mandatory competencies, the case study and the final assessment.
Delegates will submit technical case studies and receive feedback and support from a RICS Assessor, simplifying the process and preparation for their final assessment to become chartered.
This course will steer the learners in the right direction to become a Chartered Surveyor in Residential pathway.
As part of the program you will get access to our industry-leading online library; isurv that you can use to access relevant information to help your learning.
You can enrol on this course at any time.
Do you have questions about COVID-19 in relation to this course?
At findcourses.co.uk we are committed to helping everyone who wants to learn, to learn. So are our trusted partner providers.
Get in touch on this page to find out whether there are any changes to this course in light of COVID-19.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Articulate the different stages of the APC process and what you need to do
- Complete the templates for the APC Mandatory competencies with the right level of detail
- Understand the types of questions you may be asked at final assessment
- Recognise the content requirements and layout of the Case Study and what is expected from candidates
- Find out how residential properties are valued, and what can affect that value
- Learn how to apply valuation methods, inspection and measurement techniques
- Learn to recognise common defects and issues around housing maintenance, repairs and improvements.
- Assess how the residential letting market works and what legal compliance is required
- Analyse how to improve and maintain residential property
- Evaluate how to manage a residential property portfolio
- Demonstrate the competencies in your written submission and final assessment interview
Training Course Content
This program will be delivered on a modular basis which includes a blend of technical modules, consolidation sessions and competency demonstration masterclasses.
Each technical module will take approximately 3-4 weeks to complete. The consolidation sessions will review the module content, provide further context and practical application.
The competency demonstration masterclasses will focus on all key activities of the membership assessment process.
There is an end of course assessment and separate Professional Ethics for RICS Members assessment too.
1 - Inspection & Measurement
- Core principles of property inspection
- Accurate recording of building and site characteristics
- Building construction, location analysis and defects
- Methods of measurement and data capture
- Measurement best practice for a variety of property types
- Preparation and presentation of measurement data
2 - Building Pathology
- Residential property defects
- Building fabric failure and defect data collection and analysis
- Residential building construction technology
3 - Valuation
- Residential valuation methods
- Valuation process and factors influencing value
4 - Letting & Leasing
- Types of property/interests and letting methods used
- Market economics and legal frameworks
5 - Housing maintenance, repair & improvements
- Housing policy and law relating to maintenance and repair
- Property maintenance issues in relation to the housing market
6 - Property Management
- The legal requirements
- The role and responsibilities of the property manager
- The practical approach to property management
7 -Mandatory Competency Demonstration
- Mandatory Competencies - Business Skills
- Mandatory Competencies - Soft Skills
8 - Getting Qualified
- Professional Ethics for RICS Members
- Preparing for your Case Study
- Preparing for the Final Assessment
9 - Revision and end of course assessment
- Course revision
Why choose The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
Established for over 150 years
130,000+ qualified and trainee professionals
Training available in 5+ formats
The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS):
World's leading professional body for qualifications in land, property and construction
RICS is professional, independent organisation with more than 118,000 qualified members and over 50,000 students and trainees in over 140 countries, established in the UK by Royal Charter. It is committed to setting and upholding the highest standards of excellence and integrity...
Find out more about this APC Accelerated Learning: Residential course - simply fill out your details: