Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Business Innovation Masterclass
Aligning Innovation With Your Business Strategy
The hype around innovation is hard to miss. The pressure on businesses to define an innovation strategy and the process that delivers it is growing, as the success stories of innovative organisations like Airbnb and Netflix continue to be well documented.
The key question for organisations is now progressing from if, to how do we innovate? In this online course, we will take you through an innovation process step-by-step, equipping you with practical tools, and providing illustrative case studies of their use. The course will give you the opportunity to try the tools out for yourself – from establishing where to innovate and how to begin, to building and pitching your own business case.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is for anyone who wishes to improve innovation within their organisation, including:
- Product Managers
- Research & development managers
- Marketing / Sales managers
- Strategy leaders
- Entrepreneurs / Intrapreneurs
Outcome / Qualification etc.
On completion of this Business Innovation Masterclass, delegates should be able to:
- Learn to pick the right innovation metrics for their project
- Contribute in developing a work environment that embraces innovation. (share a common language, common processes, tools etc)
- Understand different types of business models and how/when to apply then
- Use quick prototyping techniques to speed up product/service development
- Prepare and conduct a problem interview with their user/customer
This Business Innovation Masterclass is designed to cover the following modules:
- Module 1: Why Innovate
- What is innovation and what are the different types?
- The basis for successful innovation
- Where does innovation start?
- Why is it so important in business today?
- Exercise – Innovation Kickstarter
- Module 2: Empathise and Validate
- Stakeholder Mapping
- Classifying your user - Customer persona creation
- What is the current customer reality - Customer journey mapping
- Break down & define the right problem – problem statement framing
Module 3: Ideate
- Creativity: the power of a serious approach
- What stops us generating new ideas?
- The Creative Process – Structure
- Ideation: effective brainstorming techniques
- Idea selection and prioritisation
Module 4: Prototype and Testing
- Customer Journey Mapping – What if?
- Prototyping & Visualization methods
- Techniques and guidelines for successful application – build, measure, learn
- Testing your prototype – Planning and best practice
Module 5: Build
- Business Model Canvas - examples from Airbnb and Nespresso.
- Business Model Innovation
- Innovation Accounting – picking the right metrics for your project
- Module 6: Embedding Innovation
- Creating a culture for innovation
- Barriers to success – why do innovation functions fail
- Influencing others – bringing people into the process
The cost of the course is:
- Early Bird: £499
Telecoms and Tech Academy
Telecoms & Tech Academy (formally Telecoms Academy) is part of KNect365 Learning. We are borne out of Informa’s rich history enhancing individuals and businesses with knowledge. Our global network allows us to tap into unique resources and networks. We provides the...
Find out more about this Business Innovation Masterclass course - simply fill out your details: