Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
For experienced service desk analysts, this course is for those who have already achieved the Service Desk Analyst qualification, who are looking to develop their knowledge of industry best practice and progress their career within the service desk.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Experienced service desk analysts, ideally for those who have already achieved the Service Desk Analyst qualification, who are looking to develop their knowledge of industry best practice and progress their career within the service desk.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
- The foundation on which to develop and progress to the roles of team leader and service desk manager.
- Preparation to play a more strategic role within the service desk including developing presentation skills, compiling reports, preparing reviews, evaluating performance and service desk metrics.
- Effective communication, problem-solving and project management skills.
- Understanding business needs, and how the IT support function can better meet these needs, whist ensuring that appropriate business ethics are adhered to.
- Guidance on how to manage and motivate staff and give direction to the team.
Training Course Content
Senior Analyst to Team Leader course overview
The SDI Senior Analyst to Team Leader two-day workshop is designed to prepare the more experienced senior service desk analyst and budding team leader to play a strategic role within the service desk as well as teach and inspire them progress to leading a service desk analyst team.
- Customer Relationship Management and IT Support – The strategic role of the service desk and its responsibilities to customers
- Effective Communication Skills – Key theories and techniques to drive effective communication with customers.
- Presentation Skills – Creating and delivering powerful presentations.
- Service Desk Metrics – Types of metrics, their importance and how to use them.
- Problem Solving Techniques – Study critical and creative thinking skills, logical problem solving methods and root cause analysis.
- Report Writing Skills – Learn how to create powerful written management reports.
- Teamwork and Leadership Skills – Develop effective leadership and team building skills.
- Customer Relationship Management Skills – Learn about the importance of customer relationship management in the support environment, managing requirements and expectations, techniques to develop win-win negotiation skills, dealing with difficult customers.
- Assertiveness – Develop behaviours for effective and assertive customer service.
- Project Management Overview – Review a step-by-step guide to plan, control and manage projects effectively and efficiently.
- The Service Desk and The ITSM Marketplace – Examine the principles of ITSM, ITIL and the business benefits.
- Promoting the Service Desk – Discover the essentials and benefits of marketing the service desk.
Service Desk Institute
Since 1988 the Service Desk Institute (SDI) has been connecting IT service professionals around the world. SDI is the leading global community for people who work in the IT service and support industry. With a passion for sharing knowledge and...
Find out more about this Virtual Senior Analyst to Team Leader training course course - simply fill out your details: