Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Shiatsu is a form of Oriental Massage. The name comes from the “shi” meaning “finger” and “atsu” meaning “pressure”. Shiatsu is a Japanese healing art, deeply rooted in the philosophy and practices of traditional Chinese medicine. The techniques are easily learned and are extremely effective.
This course complements our course in Acupressure.
The course is also delivered as Self Study format
Outcome / Qualification etc.
A Practitioner/Therapist Level Qualification is awarded on successful completion of this course.
Training Course Content
- The Oriental View of Illness and Health
- The Western Conception of Illness and Health
- The Oriental Conception of Health and Disease
- Qi, Ying and Yang and Taiji – The Great Polarity
- Qi and the Five Elements – Wood, Fire, Metal, Water and Earth
- The Law of the Five Elements
- The Mother-Son Rule
- The Noon-Midnight Law
- The Meridians – Ying, Yang and Central – 14 in total
- Meridian Keyword Associations – Key Symptoms, Emotions and Attitudes
- The Tsubo – Prefix Letters and Numbers
- Locating Tsubo with Body Measurement
- The Alarm and Associated Points – Bo and Yu
- Shiatsu Techniques
- Back Shiatsu
- Ampuku Therapy and Techniques
- Leg Shiatsu
- Shoulder, Arm and Chest Treatments
- Neck and Facial Shiatsu
- Completing the Treatment
- The Healing Crisis
- Treatment Timing
- The Formulations – A-Z Formulary
Self Study:£135; Tutored:£295
School of Natural Health Sciences
The School of Natural Health Sciences has over 22 years experience as a trusted provider of accredited, professional courses via distance learning. We provide more than 60 accredited, insurable, professional, holistic therapy training courses and train our students from beginner...