Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Finance for Non Finance Managers - Online Course
This uniquely designed course has been created for managers or small business owners that may not come from a financial background but have responsibility to manage budgets in various forms.
This course has been adapted, from a Level 5 Financial Accounting programme, to provide the essential principles and practices of financial accounting and communications. The assessments provided throughout this course have been specifically designed for the workplace in mind, which means no assignments, no further reading and no exams.
This self-directed CPD course is designed to provide a high-quality learning experience that can be completed around your professional role. The course is accessible 24hrs a day, seven days a week and you have access for a full 12 months.
Assessment is embedded throughout, in the form of knowledge checks and reflective activities for you to apply your learning into your working practice; Including a series of bitesize interactive, multimedia resources. The 12 months access allows you to complete the final assessments as and when required throughout the financial year.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By engaging successfully with this course, a participant will be able to:
- Define and use the basic terminology of finance and accounting
- Explain the fundamental concepts and principles of financial and management accounting.
- Apply accounting principles and procedures in preparing financial statements and internal management reports
- Interpret and evaluate accounting information
- Carry out investment appraisal techniques
- Understand working capital management and suggest strategies to efficiently manage current assets and current liabilities
- Communicate through the use of established formats and analytical writing
Training Course Content
Module 1: Management Accounting
- Introduction / Definition of Accounting
- Cost estimation / High – Low Method
- Absorption costing
- Marginal costing
- ABC costing
- Breakeven analysis
- Single limiting factor
- Variance analysis
- Cash Budgeting
Module 2: Financial Accounting
- Assets-Liabilities-Capital-Income-Expenses (ALCIE)
- The financial statements
- Cash flow statement
- The accruals concept & major adjustments part one
- Major adjustments part two
- Major adjustments part three
- Company accounts part one
- Company accounts part two
- Interpretation of financial statements
- Accounting Fraud
Module 3: Capital Appraisal Investment Techniques
- Capital investment appraisal techniques
- Working Capital Management
Salford Professional Development - Continued professional development training
Part of Salford University, Salford Professional Development (SPD) draws on over 100 years of educational experience and excellence to give professional delegates a chance to achieve their career goals. Offering courses that give Continued Professional Development (CPD), SPD teaches participants...