Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
OD Practitioners ProgrammeRoffey Park Institute
OD Practitioners Programme
All available course dates
OD Practitioners Programme
In today’s fast paced, ever changing business environment, an organisation’s ability to respond is key to survival and success. It is not the ‘organisation’ however that decides when, why or how to respond, it’s the people within it. Organisation Development (OD) is rooted in the deep connection between the best business processes and structures and the people working with them.
Practising OD means balancing economic growth and impact with human systems perspectives, building an agile, resilient and emotionally intelligent workforce, promoting compassionate, ethical and sustainable leadership and organisational practices, and having a clear sense of purpose. It is concerned with creating great organisations and cultures!
Our OD Practitioner Programme is designed to increase your knowledge and understanding of OD as a discipline, give you opportunities to develop skills and acquire tools that have practical application and to develop the thinking strategies that shape the kind of tools and approaches you may use in your organisation.
OD Practitioner Programme Developing the skills and knowledge for effective organisational development practice.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is for you if…
- You are working in the field of organisational development and want to develop and enhance your practice.
- You’re a change agent, manager or leader who recognises the importance of bringing people with you but want to have a greater insight into how to achieve this.
- You have a background in HR, an aspiring HR Director perhaps, or are a Learning and Development professional or similar who wants to have more of an OD lens and add OD skills to your portfolio
- You’re involved in local authority or public sector transformations which require changes in mindset as well as structures and services
- You’re in the commercial sector and have been recognised as having OD ability
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Benefits for you
- Increase your capabilities as an OD practitioner for the benefit of you and your organisation
- Increase your impact and influence and develop knowledge and application of a variety of interventions
- Improve your ability to recognise and facilitate group dynamics
- Build your confidence and impact as an OD Practitioner
- Grow your network of like-minded OD Practitioners in parallel roles across sectors
Benefits for your Organisation
Your organisation will benefit from you attending this programme through your skilled, knowledgeable, and impactful OD practice. They will benefit from an OD Practitioner who has a greater awareness and understanding of what influences people’s ability to embrace organisation change and transformation and a toolkit to enable them to intervene at any level. Your organisation will benefit from your ability to build sustainable, effective and values driven relationships across their business
Training Course Content
OD Practitioner Programme consists of six modules. These are delivered face-to-face as 2 x 2 day residentials with a 3 weeks gap in between. The online programme is delivered over a period of 8 weeks with one module (half a day) per week and a two weeks break in between. There are six modules in the programme, each one consists of 2 x 90 minute sessions, facilitated live with a 30 minute break in between.
THE OD CYCLE IN PRACTICE
- Identify theories and practices within the field of OD
- Reflect on what you already know about OD and your development needs
- Articulate the importance of contracting within the field of OD
- Effectively operate in different stages of the OD cycle
APPROACHES TO ORGANISATIONAL CHANGE
- Demonstrate and assess the difference and value of dialogic and diagnostic OD approaches
- Assess the impact of change at different levels within an organisation
- Identify appropriate OD Interventions that support Leaders and their Teams through change
EXPLORING USE OF SELF AND REFLECTIVE PRACTICE
- Articulate the importance of, and reflection in the practice of OD
- Reflect on your personal impact and influence to improve your practice
GROUP DYNAMICS AND METHODOLOGIES
- Use real life examples to illustrate group dynamic theories
- Reflect on a group dynamic experience in the here and now
- Demonstrate when you use a range of large group methodologies
PARTICIPANT GROUP INTERVENTION PRACTICE
- Design and practice of a group intervention
EVALUATION OF OD INTERVENTIONS
- Articulate the methods for evaluating OD interventions
- Reflect on evaluation best practice
- Practise using Action Learning Set as a methodology
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
Roffey Park Institute
Roffey Park Institute is an international, research led learning and development organisation. Combining research, qualifications based workplace learning and development programmes, we focus on personal, interpersonal and organisational learning in leadership, management, human resource development, and organisational development. Our goal...
Average rating 5Based on 9 reviews.
Find out more about this OD Practitioners Programme course - simply fill out your details: