Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Managing remote teams is not new. Many organisations have had people spread widely over sales territories, regional offices, international leadership teams and so on for decades. The Covid-19 pandemic created an immediate and unprecented shift to remote working that remains in place for many. It’s clear that in a post-Covid working life, we will all be working remotely on a permanent basis or shifting to a hybrid working arrangement.
Running a team remotely has challenges, but fundamentally the management role remains the same. It is being responsible for people’s performance and wellbeing when you’re not physically able to work with them and only connected virtually.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This programme is for you if
Managing Remote Teams is ideal for mid to senior level managers and leaders who are getting to grips with the shift to managing a remote team.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Benefits for you
On completion of the this course you should have clarity and the practical ability to implement skills around five key aspects of managing remote teams: performance management, employee engagement, virtual team meetings, having difficult conversations and interpersonal management skills.
Benefits for your organisation
You will be able to manage your own, individual and team performance and focus. Alongside the day to day management of projects and delivery this programme will enable you to understand and set expectations through dialogue and discussion enabling setting of goals and management of performance in a virtual setting.
Training Course Content
Delivered live online, Managing Remote Teams consists of five 90-minute modules aimed at mid to senior level managers
Module 1: Managing Meetings
- How to prepare and run focussed and engaging team meetings
- How to encourage full participation and open discussion in team meetings
- How to enhance your approach to online meetings
Module 2: Managing Difficult Conversations
- What are the barriers to having difficult conversations online?
- Understand how to make a difficult conversation constructive online
- Understand how to plan an approach to a difficult conversation
Module 3: Managing Performance
- Understand the fundamentals of performance management within a virtual environment
- Understand the expectations of individuals and teams and how to build accountability for outcomes
- Understand how to adapt your performance management approach when managing remotely
Module 4: Interpersonal Management Skills
- What are the interpersonal skills needed to manage people effectively?
- Understand how to adapt your interpersonal skills for virtual management
- Build greater self and interpersonal awareness of your management approach
Module 5: Employee Engagement for Remote
- What are the reasons for staff disengagement in the virtual workplace?
- Understand the factors that impact staff motivation and engagement
- Understand how to improve the motivation and engagement of your team
Course delivery details
- Online option is a series of five 90-minute digital learning sessions, facilitated live.
- Sessions will begin at 9am (GMT).
Starts 13th April 2021
Ends 23rd April 2021
Module 1: 13th April
Module 2: 15th April
Module 3: 19th April
Module 4: 21st April
Module 5: 23rd April
Roffey Park Institute
Roffey Park Institute is an international, research led learning and development organisation. Combining research, qualifications based workplace learning and development programmes, we focus on personal, interpersonal and organisational learning in leadership, management, human resource development, and organisational development. Our goal...
Find out more about this Managing Remote Teams course - simply fill out your details: