Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
In the current climate, organisations and their people must be more adaptive and resilient than ever before. Faced with increasing global uncertainty, disruptive technologies and rapidly evolving expectations from both customers and employees, the need for enterprise-level change leaders who can continually perceive, understand and align the entire organisation to deliver against its purpose, live its values and achieve its strategic goals has never been so vital.
By developing practical skills in organisational design you will build confidence and capabilities to effectively plan the transition towards a new organisational model and help your business – and its people – respond dynamically to the opportunities of the future.
Whether you are new to this field or have some experience in organisational development, HR or change management, the fundamental question that this programme has been designed to help you address is: what does it take to ‘do’ organisational design work successfully?
Suitability - Who should attend?
This programme is for you, if
- You are a corporate leader, HR, organisational development or change manager seeking to build the organisational capabilities, behaviours and performance to deliver strategic intent
- You want to understand the central concepts, models and methods of contemporary organisational design
- You would like to foster the skills, practices and mindset required to successfully – and collaboratively – lead organisational design work
- You want to develop confidence and competence in overcoming common challenges of design work
- You want to know the impact of key business, environmental, political and technological shifts on 21st century organisations and what this means for organisational design
- You want to create and maintain a network of peer practitioners to be drawn from, and share learning with, during and beyond the programme
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Benefits for you
At the end of Leading Organisational Design, you will be able to:
- Understand how to design an organisation to deliver its strategic intent
- Take a strategic and systemic view of your organisation’s effectiveness and alignment
- Apply the methods and practices of organisational design to create an implementable blueprint for increasing and sustaining business performance
Benefits for your Organisation
Develop or enhance the ability of your organisation to adapt to changes in the external environment through a planned, integrated and coherent methodology that takes a macro and micro view of your organisational model. This highly practical and interactive programme equips your change leaders with the tools and perspective to support the desired shift in business performance and behaviours for greater organisational resilience.
Training Course Content
The programme consists of eight modules.
Each module in the online programme consists of 2 x 90 minute sessions facilitated live with a 30 minute break in between.
The classroom programme is delivered as a three day residential programme with a follow up day 2-3 weeks later.
INTRODUCTION TO ORGANISATIONAL DESIGN
- Demystifying organisational design
- OD and OD?
- Concepts and methods of organisational design
- Competencies of organisational designers
THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN STRATEGY AND STRUCTURE
- Linking strategy to design
- Operating models and value chains
- The role of structure in organisational design work
PREPARING FOR (RE)DESIGN
- Current and future state
- Working with core frameworks
- Designing your organisation
ORGANISATIONAL ALIGNMENT AND EFFECTIVENESS
- Phases of organisational design project
- Setting design principles
- Testing your design(s)
- Planning for transition
THE FORMAL AND INFORMAL ORGANISATION
- Contracting with key stakeholders
- The impact of culture
- Working with organisational dynamics
- Internal and external consulting
LEADING CHANGE, SELF AND SYSTEM
- Strategic HR management
- Leading in systems
- Designing for sustainability, complexity and uncertainty
- Creating a strategic narrative
MAKING IT REAL – THE CASE FOR (RE)DESIGN
- Organisational design blueprint
- Practitioner perspectives
ORGANISATION DESIGN AND THE FUTURE OF WORK
- Contemporary perspectives in organisational design
- Digital: what does it mean for organisational design?
- Organisational network analysis
Roffey Park Institute
Roffey Park Institute is an international, research led learning and development organisation. Combining research, qualifications based workplace learning and development programmes, we focus on personal, interpersonal and organisational learning in leadership, management, human resource development, and organisational development. Our goal...
Find out more about this Leading Organisation Design course - simply fill out your details: