Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
CPD in Bowtie Risk ManagementRisktec Solutions
Suitability - Who should attend?
CPD (Continuing Professional Development) in Bowtie Risk Management
Developed by practitioners for practitioners, TÜV Rheinland Risktec CPDs in Risk and Safety Management are designed to help risk and safety professionals certify their skills and prove their commitment to the industry.
The module is delivered entirely by distance learning, giving learners the opportunity to study part-time and to plan their study around their professional and personal commitments. Risktec offers a choice of 23 different CPD topics, and each module lasts 8 weeks.
The CPD modules are suitable for any professional seeking to implement practical risk management in high hazard industries, including oil & gas, petrochemical, chemical, nuclear, mining, transportation, conventional power and renewables.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
End of module assessment
The assessment consists of 2 parts:
- Part 1: a short multiple choice quiz containing 10 questions, worth 25% of your final mark
- Part 2: three questions each requiring a short paragraph answer, with each answer contributing 25% to your final mark. Upon successful completion of the assessment, you will receive a TÜV Rheinland Risktec CPD Certificate of Assessment for this module. If you do not pass, you will receive a TÜV Rheinland Risktec CPD Certificate of Attendance.
- The pass mark is 50%.
Training Course Content
The learning outcomes of the Bowtie Risk Management CPD module are:
- Analyse hazard scenarios by applying the bowtie method and designing a bowtie diagram
- Develop integrity assurance for bowtie barriers
- Devise risk acceptance criteria for hazards in bowties
And the course consists of the following topics:
- Introduction to risk assessment and bowties
- The bowtie method – what is a bowtie and how to build one
- Assuring barrier integrity
- Effectiveness and ALARP for bowties
- Benefits and practical uses of bowties
- Facilitating bowtie workshops
- Bowtie software tools.
Course format & materials
Enrolment on the course gives students access to the Risktec Online learning environment. The module material includes slides, explanatory notes, videos and references to further reading and useful websites. Students engage in online activities including optional tests to confirm their understanding.
Other training formats
The module is also available as a private, customisable course for corporate clients (face-to-face, distance learning or blended learning).
Provider: Risktec Solutions
Risktec Solutions - Specialist Risk Management Consultancy & Training Provider, part of the TÜV Rheinland Group
With headquarters in Warrington and local offices across the UK, Middle East, Far East and North America, Risktec is a specialist provider of risk management and safety training for companies all over the world. As part of the TÜV Rheinland Group, Risktec operates...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this CPD in Bowtie Risk Management course - simply fill out your details: