Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Costing and PricingPitman Training Group
Costing and Pricing - Blended, Distance Learning, In Centre
This hands-on course will deal with real world scenarios related to costing and pricing in order to demystify the process. After taking this course, participants will be ready to get the best possible results in this area and know how to focused on working intelligently to generate greater profits.
This course is perfect for bookkeepers or small business owners who need to learn how to better complete tasks such as charging out time for staff, calculating profit from a job or projecting profit in turnover for the next year.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This is a course for bookkeeper or small business owners who need to increase their knowledge of costing and pricing. There are no prerequisites.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
After completing this course, participants will have new knowledge of costing and pricing that they can apply to their work
Training Course Content
The course is made up of three lessons:
- What to consider when pricing a product
- Factors which affect the profitability of a business
- Common price-setting strategies
- Factors which influence the customer’s decision to buy
- Ways to check that the price is right
- How increasing or decreasing selling price affects profit,
- Ways to market and sell products
- Defining direct costs and indirect costs
- Recovering costs
- Examples of a service business
- Identifying overheads of a typical service business
- Calculating a suitable hourly rate
- Defining fixed costs
- Variable costs and semi-variable costs
- Understanding the break-even point on a graph
- Formula to calculate the break-even point
- Limitations of break-even analysis
- What ‘contribution’ is and how it is calculated
- How fixed costs, variable costs, selling price and profit interact
- Using Excel to carry out appropriate calculations
- How contribution theory can help to make business decisions
- Setting out and interpreting a marginal cost statement
- Understanding what is meant by ‘absorption costing’
Contact Pitman Training for information on price
Pitman Training offers a unique combination of benefits to students, giving them a training experience that will boost confidence and enhance skills, whether you are interested in secretarial, Microsoft Office, keyboard skills, book-keeping and accounts or IT training. Sir Isaac Pitman...
Find out more about this Costing and Pricing course - simply fill out your details: