Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Unit 1: Stress in the workplace: what causes it and what it does to people
- Explain what causes stress in the workplace
- Define the relationship between pressure and stress in the workplace
- Understand the various ways workplace stress affects people
- Identify and differentiate between common stressors and stressors that affect only some people
Unit 2: How stress affects different people in different ways
- Define differences in people’s personalities
- Explain how workplace stress affects different people in different ways
- Demonstrate how different people change their behaviour when experiencing increasing levels of stress
- Describe the relationships between values, character, organisational culture and stress in the workplace
Unit 3: Learning how to deal with your own stress
- Identify tactics for dealing with stress in the workplace as it happens
- Plan how to develop oneself to reduce the likelihood of experiencing stress in the workplace
- Understand how emotional intelligence helps reduce stress in the workplace
- Identify and deal with any factors in his or her job role that may lead to stress
Unit 4: Workplace relationships and how to make them less stressful
- Define and explain the links between workplace stress, conflict and organisational politics
- Make use of a range of conflict-handling methods
- Understand the relationship between workplace stress and his or her leadership style and capabilities
- Maximise the potential benefits of positive relationships in the workplace
Unit 5: Managing stress - the role of the manager
- Understand why managers need to get to know employees as individuals so that they can work together to minimise the potential for stress in the workplace
- Set appropriate behavioural expectations that will minimise stress amongst employees
- Give effective feedback that reduces the possibility of employee stress due to uncertainty
- Find ways of tapping into employees’ own motivations to maximise job satisfaction, thereby reducing stress
Unit 6: Stress and the organisation - responsibilities and strategies for dealing with workplace stress
- Describe the responsibilities organisations have towards their employees with regard to minimising stress in the workplace
- Explain the links between an organisation’s values and stress management in the workplace
- Explain how training and development can help reduce stress in the workplace
- Promote the benefits to organisations of ensuring that workplace stress is kept to the absolute minimum
Do you have questions about COVID-19 in relation to this course?
At findcourses.co.uk we are committed to helping everyone who wants to learn, to learn. So are our trusted partner providers.
Get in touch on this page to find out whether there are any changes to this course in light of COVID-19.
Why choose Open Study College
Trusted by over 73,000 students
Study from home, at your own pace
Discounts on selected courses
Pay Now: GBP 329.00
OR 6 Monthly Instalments of GBP 64.35 with a deposit of GBP
42.90 totalling 429
Open Study College - First class home learning with a difference!
At Open Study College we exceed in delivering a unique home learning experience! Having helped over 73,000 people improve their skills with a trusted qualification, Open Study College is one of the UK’s largest distance learning colleges. Offering over 500...