Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Total Qualification Time: 30 hours
Unit One: Stroke Awareness
(F/503/7150,Unit Level 2, GLH: 28,Credits: 3)
Know what a stroke is
- Identify the changes in the brain associated with stroke
- Outline other conditions that may be mistaken for stroke
- Define the differences between stroke and Transient Ischaemic Attack (TIA)
Know how to recognise a stroke
- List the signs and symptoms of stroke
- Identify the key stages of stroke
- Identify the assessment tests that are available to enable listing of the signs and symptoms
- Describe the potential changes that an individual may experience as the result of a stroke
Understand the management of risk factors for stroke
- State the prevalence of stroke in the UK
- Identify the common risk factors for stroke
- Describe how risk factors may vary in different settings
- Define the steps that can be taken to reduce the risk of stroke and subsequent stroke
Understand the importance of emergency response and treatment for stroke
- Describe why stroke is a medical emergency
- Describe the actions to be taken in response to an emergency stroke incident in line with agreed ways of working
- Identify the impact on the individual of the key stages of stroke
- Identify the correct early positioning for airway management
- Identify the information that needs to be included in reporting relevant and accurate history of the incident
Understand the management of stroke
- Describe why effective stroke care is important to the management of stroke
- Identify support available to individuals and others affected by stroke
- Identify other agencies or resources to signpost individuals or others for additional support and guidance
This provider offers an online version of their classroom courses
Do you have questions about COVID-19 in relation to this course?
At findcourses.co.uk we are committed to helping everyone who wants to learn, to learn. So are our trusted partner providers.
Get in touch on this page to find out whether there are any changes to this course in light of COVID-19.
Why choose Open Study College
Trusted by over 90,000 students
Study from home, at your own pace
Discounts on selected courses
Pay Now: GBP 419.00
OR 6 Monthly Instalments of GBP 77.85 with a deposit of GBP
51.90 totalling 519
Open Study College - the distance learning experts
At Open Study College we have helped more than 90,000 students over the last 13 years to enrol on courses that have helped them to achieve their goals. Offering over 650 courses ranging from childcare to beauty therapy, we have...