Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Do you dream about becoming an accountant? Then be one step ahead and study our level 3 diploma in accounting. These AAT qualifications can be studied from home, making it even easier for you to begin your Accountancy career. Take the steps towards becoming a fully-fledged accountant from the comfort of your own home!
Unit 1: Advanced Bookkeeping (GLH: 60)
- Understanding accepted principles of accounting and double-entry bookkeeping
- Understanding accounting methods of recording non-current assets
- Accounting for purchase of non-current assets
- Accounting for depreciation and adjustments
- Accounting for disposal of non-current assets
- Preparing and extending the trial balance
Unit 2: Final Accounts Preparation (GLH: 60)
- Understanding the process involved in preparing final accounts
- Preparing accounting records from incomplete information
- Producing final accounts for sole traders
- Understanding partnerships’ legislative and accounting requirements
- Preparing a statement of profit or loss appropriation account
- Preparing a financial position statement relating to a partnership
Unit 3: Management Accounting: Costing (GLH: 80)
- Understanding an organisation’s costing systems
- Recording and analysing cost information
- Apportioning costs to organisational requirements
- Analysing budget deviations and reporting these to management
- Using information gathered from costing systems to assist decision making
Unit 4: Indirect Tax (GLH: 60)
- Understanding VAT regulations
- Completing VAT returns accurately and on time
- Understanding VAT penalties and adjust for previous errors
- Communicating VAT information
Unit 5: Ethics for Accounting (GLH: 50)
- Understanding principles of ethical working
- Understanding ethical behaviour when working with internal and external customers
- Understanding when and how to take appropriate action following suspected ethical codes breaches
- Understanding the ethical responsibility of finance professionals in promoting sustainability
Unit 6: Spreadsheet for Accounting (GLH: 50)
- Using a spreadsheet to enter, edit and organise numerical and other data
- Selecting and using appropriate formulas and data analysis tools and techniques
- Presenting, formatting and publishing spreadsheet information
Why choose Open Study College
Trusted by over 90,000 students
Study from home, at your own pace
Discounts on selected courses
Pay Now: GBP 849.00
OR 6 Monthly Instalments of GBP 142.35 with a deposit of GBP
94.90 totalling 949
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
If you want to up-skill, change career or study to fuel a hobby, explore distance learning with Open Study College. You can study anywhere, your sofa, your garden, or even the local park, with a personal tutor on hand to guide you throughout.
With over 650 courses, from A Levels to accountancy, animal care to beauty therapy, join over 90,000 learners and get an accredited qualification today.
Open Study College - the distance learning experts
At Open Study College we have helped more than 90,000 students over the last 13 years to enrol on courses that have helped them to achieve their goals. Offering over 650 courses ranging from childcare to beauty therapy, we have...
Before we redirect you to this supplier's website, do you mind filling out this form so that we can stay in touch? You can unsubscribe at any time.