Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Anxiety & Depression Awareness Diploma
Anxiety Awareness Diploma Course
Anxiety is one of the biggest mental health conditions experienced by thousands of British citizens every year. While anxiety helps us evaluate our responses to dangers and threats, it can turn into a problem when it becomes the norm rather than the exception. The anxiety awareness course is designed to promote awareness regarding the nature of anxiety, the causes, symptoms and treatments.
Self-awareness plays a crucial role in helping us understand our fears, insecurities and beliefs. In addition, anxiety awareness also empowers you to help loved ones. The causes, signs and treatments explained in the Anxiety Awareness Course will help you understand the condition in its entirety.
Introduction to the Depression Awareness Diploma
The Depression Awareness Diploma course will give students the opportunity to learn about this common mental health condition. The course is filled with information that is not only appropriate for those who have depression and want to learn more about it, but also for those who know or love people with depression, and how their loved ones can best be helped. This is also an excellent course for anyone who is interested in getting into the counselling or psychology field.
Depression is not easy to treat, and there are a number of methods that can be attempted after a diagnosis has been made. This course explains all of the traditional treatments for depression, as well as alternative and self-help treatments. Additionally, the course explains the different types of depression, how depression affects one’s life, and what events or actions might trigger depression.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
On completion of the course, you will be awarded a certificate.
Training Course Content
Depression Awareness Diploma
- Module 1: Understanding Depression
- Module 2 : What Causes Depression?
- Module 3 : Myths about Depression
- Module 4 : The Symptoms of Depression
- Module 5: Types of Depression
- Module 6: Helping Someone with Depression
- Module 7: Traditional Treatments for Depression
- Module 8: Alternative Therapies for Depression
- Module 9 : Self-Help for Depression
- Module 10 : Identifying Triggers for Depression
- Module 11 : Lifestyle Changes for Depression
- Module 12 : Life After Depression
- Module 13: Seeking Help – Contacts and Resources
Anxiety Awareness Diploma
- Module 1: Understanding Anxiety, its Impact on our Lives and Research into Anxiety Disorders
- Module 2 : External Causes of Anxiety
- Module 3 : Inherited Causes of Anxiety, Signs and Symptoms of Anxiety
- Module 4 : Cognitive, Affective and Behavioural Causes of Anxiety; Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
- Module 5 : OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
- Module 6 : Panic Attacks, Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia
- Module 7 : Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Module 8 : Social Anxiety Disorder
- Module 9 : Anxiety Therapies and Treatments (Part I)
- Module 10 : Anxiety Therapies and Treatments (Part II); Anxiety Centres in the UK
New Skills Academy
Welcome to New Skills Academy – Part of the Be-a Education Family In November of 2013, a single question was asked: ‘What do you want to learn?’ From there, a vision was born of comprehensive, high quality, and affordable online...
Find out more about this Anxiety & Depression Awareness Diploma course - simply fill out your details: