Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Advanced Leadership & People Management SkillsMDT International
Advanced Leadership & People Management Skills - 5 day In-house Course
This Advanced Leadership & People Management Skills course is designed to equip organizations with the people management skills they need to achieve their business goals.
The 5-day programme focuses on the expertise required by managers to execute their roles in an effective manner, particularly in international environments. It makes extensive use of practical exercises and role-playing in order to allow participants to practice and build on their skills in key people management areas including networking, project team management, performance reviews, coaching & mentoring and change management.
In addition, the course encourages delegates within the company to:
- improve their personal effectiveness in cross-cultural communication, project planning and professional development;
- plan for their own professional development through the organisation.
This provider offers an online version of their classroom courses
Do you have questions about COVID-19 in relation to this course?
At findcourses.co.uk we are committed to helping everyone who wants to learn, to learn. So are our trusted partner providers.
Get in touch on this page to find out whether there are any changes to this course in light of COVID-19.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Advanced Leadership & People Management Skills course is suitable for an organization's managers and professionals working internationally who have several years of management experience and would like to improve their communication and people management skills.
It is also ideal as a refresher programme for more experienced managers, and as a follow-up course for those who have previously attended MDT's Leadership and People Management course.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
On completion of this course, participants are eligible for 35 hours of CPD accreditation.
Training Course Content
This course covers the following topics and they will be delivered within the context of your company:
The role of the international manager
- International management competencies
- Personal effectiveness and relationship management Putting it into practice: competencies self-assessment
Keys to personal effectiveness
- Managing yourself and your time more effectively
- Key Performance Indicators(KPIs) for Oil and Gas Companies
- Strategic planning and SMART goals
- Putting it into practice: Developing your SMART management goal and Action Plan
Situational team leadership
- Company culture and structures, policies and procedures : their impact on leadership style
- Team formation and features of effective teams
- Team leadership styles and stages of team development
- Putting it into practice: Team leadership situations
International Influencing Skills
- Management and influencing: position power and personal power
- Your network of influence and how you can enhance it
- Cross-cultural influencing
- Planning to influence: the Persuasive Funnel
- Putting it into practice: Difficult People and Influencing Your Boss
Managing Performance Review
- Benefits of the performance review process
- How to use the appraisal form
- Stages and techniques in performance review
- How to conduct a constructive performance review meeting
- Putting it into practice: Performance review situations
Staff Training and Development
- Assessment of staff training and development needs
- Training, mentoring, coaching and professional development courses
- Follow-up and evaluation of staff development activities
- Putting it into practice: Staff development situations
How to manage and lead change in your organization
- Self-assessment: Your response to change
- Conservers, pragmatists and originators
- Lewin and Kotter’s change models
- Leading change in your organisation
- Communicating change through the organization
- Putting it into practice: Assessing a proposed change in your organization
Challenges in 21st Century international management
- The challenges of managing diversity
- Overcoming the tyranny of ‘one right way’ to manage
- Professional development guidelines and learning activities
- Putting it into practice: International Management Lessons Learned and mini-presentations
Course Fee: £2750.00 (+ VAT for attending UK courses). Fees include your attendance at the relevant training course/s and the provision of a comprehensive training course manual, course completion certificate, plus lunch and refreshments during the training day. Fees do not include accommodation and living costs.
MDT International can also provide this course on an in-house course basis, to discuss please submit enquiry.
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
MDT International - Finance, Commercial & Management Courses for the Oil & Gas Industry
MDT delivers commercial training courses in most major established and emerging international oil and gas hubs. Whether you're taking part in an open course, or benefiting from the customised experience of our in-house training, you know what you’ll learn from some...
Find out more about this Advanced Leadership & People Management Skills course - simply fill out your details: