Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Certificate in Laytime and Demurrage
Laytime and demurrage are the most disputed and litigous parts of international shipping. The Certificate in Laytime and Demurrage is designed to help participants understand the law and gain practical skills while learning how to make calculations.
This course will help participants gain comprehensive knowledge of the practical and legal elements of the complex issues in laytime and demurrage. This knowledge will help participants make the difference between conciliation or litigation, profit or loss, and success or failure in trade deals and chartering enterprises.
Do you have questions about COVID-19 in relation to this course?
At findcourses.co.uk we are committed to helping everyone who wants to learn, to learn. So are our trusted partner providers.
Get in touch on this page to find out whether there are any changes to this course in light of COVID-19.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for:
- Charterers and chartering agents; brokers, traders and distribution managers
- Shipping company professionals in operations, supply and risk management
- Employees starting or moving into the shipping divisions of oil and bulk operators
- Ship owners, fleet managers, port and terminal supervisors
- Bankers, accountants and advisors involved in shipping finance
- Legal and insurance professionals dealing with commodity transportation issues
- Personnel in trading, distribution and logistics companies transporting goods by sea
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Upon completion of this course, participants will receive a Certificate in Laytime and Demurrage from Lloyd’s Maritime Academy.
Training Course Content
The training modules for this programme are as follows:
- Laytime and Demurrage Introduction and Context
- Defining Laytime
- Calculating Laytime
- Demurrage, Detention and Despatch
- Calculating Demurrage
- Laytime, Demurrage and Despatch in Practice
The cost of this course is £1599 + VAT.
Lloyd’s Maritime Academy (LMA) is the world’s largest provider for professional development, working with leading academic and industry bodies to provide accredited education and training where it is much needed. LMA is part of KNect365 Learning focusing exclusively on the maritime...
Find out more about this Certificate in Laytime and Demurrage course - simply fill out your details: