Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
The Prevent Duty Online Training Course
Anyone working in child care or education needs to have a good understanding of ‘Prevent’; the government’s strategy against terrorism and radicalisation. We discuss the responsibilities that professionals have under this initiative.
This program is provided as 24x7 online access training - so you can study when it’s convenient for you.
Do you have questions about COVID-19 in relation to this course?
At findcourses.co.uk we are committed to helping everyone who wants to learn, to learn. So are our trusted partner providers.
Get in touch on this page to find out whether there are any changes to this course in light of COVID-19.
Training Course Content
- Learn how and why the Prevent programme succeeds in stopping people becoming radicalised and supporting or participating in terrorism.
- Find out how you can contribute in a professional capacity to implement anti radicalisation policies.
- Explore how the Prevent policies and procedures work and how they are implemented in different settings.
- Discover how the promotion of violence to influence any kind of political change is relevant to Prevent.
- Deepen your learning by reading Department for Education papers, Preventing Extremism in the Education and Children’s Services Sectors, The Prevent Duty: Departmental Advice for Schools and Childcare Providers and Promoting Fundamental British Values as Part of SMSC in Schools: Departmental Advice for Maintained Schools.
- Learn about the alleged takeover of a number of Birmingham schools by conservative Muslims in Extremism in schools: the Trojan Horse Affair by the House of Commons Education Committee.
- Find out about the role of social media in How Social Media is Used to Encourage Travel to Syria and Iraq – A briefing Note for Schools’ issued by the Home Office and the Department for Education.
- Access the channel guidance webpage on the Gov UK website to explore the role of channel in safeguarding children and adults, then read the HM Government document Channel: Vulnerability Assessment Framework.
- Visit the HM Government Educate Against Hate website to get ideas on how parents, teachers and school leaders can access practical advice on protecting children from radicalisation and extremism.
- Gain further insight with a presentation on ‘Writing an anti radicalisation policy’ which will show how you can contribute to this in your setting.
As one of the market-leaders in distance-learning and self-study multimedia-based training, Learning247 provides the most cost-effective route to enable you to update and improve upon your skills; and all without the massive prices that are regularly seen throughout the training...