Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
This course helps people to clarify their own thoughts on the process and develop a model of mentoring that suits their specific context. The course also provides opportunities to tune up the necessary interpersonal skills that are essential for successful mentoring.
- Improve your career prospects.
- Learn valuable knowledge, skills, advice and guidance to help you achieve success.
- Study online from anywhere.
- Study at your own pace.
- Download and print your industry recognised certificate on successful completion.
Who can take the course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into bite-sized modules. You're free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each section, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web-based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers and most tablet devices etc. so you can even study while on the move! As long as you have access to the internet, you should be able to study anywhere that's convenient.
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all the modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken at a time and location of your choosing.
What if I don't pass the test?If you don't pass the test first time then you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?We estimate that the entire program is likely to take around 2-4 hours to work through initially, but you may want to allow more time to repeat some areas. You should allow an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Define the concept on mentoring
- Differentiate mentoring from other forms of staff support
- Explain the importance of contracting
- List the essential skills needed to be a mentor
- Give effective feedback
- Discuss the pros and cons of offering advice and guidance
- Demonstrate common methods of problem solving
- Understand what makes mentoring relationships work well
- List the common errors of œhelping
- State the value of being non-judgemental
- Explore the value & danger of self-disclosure
- Challenge in a respectful way
As one of the market-leaders in distance-learning and self-study multimedia-based training, Learning247 provides the most cost-effective route to enable you to update and improve upon your skills; and all without the massive prices that are regularly seen throughout the training...
Find out more about this Mentoring for Mentors CPD Accredited Online Course course - simply fill out your details: