Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Business Administration Diploma Online Training Course
Whether you are just entering the workforce or you have been working as an administrative assistant and want to push your career to the next level, our Business Administration Diploma can provide you with the insight, skills and knowledge you need to succeed in this busy career.
Become a top class administrative assistant or personal assistant by taking this online course, made up of twenty one modules and only taking fifteen hours to complete.Introduction to the Business Administration Course
This information packed course is designed for anyone who wants to push their career forward and improve their productivity as an administrative assistant or PA. The course covers an extensive range of topics spanning over twenty one levels.
During this top quality course, you will learn the importance of diary management, you will learn effective time management skills and why customer care is such as important aspect of your job description.
In addition to this, you can learn the basics of petty cash handling, how to use the software you need to complete your tasks effectively and so much more.
The good news is that there are no entry requirements to complete this course. You don't need any particular educational or work experience, just a desire to learn, improve your knowledge and skills and succeed in your chosen career moving forward.
Once you choose the Admin & PA Diploma and your payment is received, you will be able to start learning straight away. Everyone studies at different paces, which is why this course is such a good opportunity, enabling you to work full time and study in your private time. On completion you will need to complete a multiple choice test and on passing, you have the ability to download and print your certificate which is recognised by industry leaders.
What You Will Learn
The Business Administration Diploma comprises of twenty one information packed modules for you to learn and gain knowledge from. In total the modules should take around fifteen hours to complete, bearing in mind that everyone studies at different paces and some people will have more time to study than others.
The essential modules in this course include:
- Introduction to the PA Course – This module teaches you about the role and the responsibilities that will be expected from you as an administrative assistant or personal assistant.
- Diary management – In the diary management module you will learn how to effectively schedule appointments while managing dates and times. You will learn how to become creative in designing a user-friendly system.
- Business Letter Writing – This module of the Admin & PA Diploma will provide you with the tools you need to write a good business letter. You will learn how to structure the letter, along with the importance of editing.
- Composing Faxes, Memorandums and Emails – This module will teach you how to compose and send faxes, how to write memorandums and how to compose and send emails.
- Telephone Skills as a PA – You will learn how to make phone calls and speak in a professional tone in this module. You will also be given tips on how to communicate over the phone, along with mistakes that you need to avoid.
- Hotel and Travel Arrangements – During this module you will learn to identify what to look for when booking a hotel for business travel, along with things you should avoid.
- Filing Systems – You will learn how to set up a good filing system, how to categorise, sub-categorise and manage your filing system effectively.
- Time Management Skills – This module is essential to your productivity as a PA and will teach you how to manage your time effectively and what you need to avoid when trying to complete tasks.
- Invoicing/Petty Cash – The invoicing/petty cash module will teach you how to create and send invoices and how to handle petty cash effectively.
- Customer Care – As a PA, it is essential that you understand how important customer care is to a business. You will be dealing with customers daily and you need to know what you should be avoiding and how to represent your company in a professional manner at all times.
- Customer Complaints Management – Dealing with customer complaints can be a daunting task, but this module will teach you how to handle customer complaints effectively.
- Work Planning – How to work to a schedule to achieve the best results.
- Document Presentation and Proofreading – How to present documents in a professional manner.
- Confidence Building – How to build your confidence in the working environment.
- Typing and audio skills – Improving your typing skills.
- Organise Effective Meetings – Understanding the importance of meetings and what they achieve.
- Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word – Learn the basic computer software you need to know to perform at your best on a daily basis.
- Customer communication and Reception skills – Learn the importance of effective communication and reception skills.
Benefits of the Business Administration Diploma
The Admin & PA Diploma will provide you with a host of skills and knowledge you will be able to use on a daily basis. There are a number of benefits to completing the Admin & PA Diploma:
- There are no entry requirements; you don't need any particular educational or work experience level to apply for this learning diploma.
- You can fast track your career by having the certification, knowledge and skills you need to progress in your career.
- You will learn how to be an effective administrative assistant or PA.
- You will learn how to boost your productivity with time management solutions.
- You get to study at your own pace.
- You can access the learning modules from anywhere at any time.
- Print your certificate which is recognised by industry leaders.
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 21 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 15 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
Training Course Content
- Module 1: Introduction to the PA Course
- Module 2 : Diary Management
- Module 3 : Business Letter Writing
- Module 4 : Composing faxes, memorandums and emails
- Module 5 : Telephone skills as a PA
- Module 6 : Hotel and travel arrangements
- Module 7 : Filing systems
- Module 8 : Time Management Skills
- Module 9 : Invoicing/Petty cash
- Module 10 : Customer Care
- Module 11 : Customer Complaints Management
- Module 12 : Work Planning
- Module 13 : Document Presentation and Proofreading
- Module 14 : Confidence Building Module
- Module 15: Typing and audio skills to proficient level or further if you already touch type/Audio transcribe
- Module 16: How to Organise Effective Meetings
- Module 17: How to use Microsoft Outlook
- Module 18: How to use Excel – the Basics
- Module 19 : How to use PowerPoint (Basics)
- Module 20 : Word Processing with Microsoft Word
- Module 21 : Customer Communication and Reception Skills
As one of the market-leaders in distance-learning and self-study multimedia-based training, Learning247 provides the most cost-effective route to enable you to update and improve upon your skills; and all without the massive prices that are regularly seen throughout the training...