Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Blood-Borne Pathogens & Exposure Control Online Training Course
Blood-borne pathogens are microorganisms inside the human body which can cause a number of serious diseases through contamination. Employees who work in nursing, dentistry, laboratories or surgeries have an occupational risk of exposure to blood or other potentially hazardous bodily fluids. A comprehensive Blood-borne Pathogen Exposure Control Plan will help to protect these employees.
This course provides an in-depth overview of Exposure Control Plans. The course will cover what the plan should entail, the step-by-step procedures surrounding exposure to blood borne pathogens in the workplace and how to introduce the plan to employees in training.
You Will Learn:
- What a Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure Control Plan is and what it involves.
- How an effective Exposure Control Plan can save lives, prevent injuries and protect the health of employees.
- How to introduce a Control Plan to employees in training.
- What steps to take to reduce the risk of exposure to employees.
- What to do in the immediate aftermath of an exposure incident.
Benefits Of Taking This Course:
- You will learn about Blood-borne Pathogen Exposure Control and how to implement a successful plan in the workplace.
- Your staff will be better trained to work in an environment where there is a risk of exposure to blood-borne pathogens as a result of you taking this course.
- You will gain an insight into the dangers of blood-borne pathogens and why your workplace should have an Exposure Control Plan in place.
- You will learn the preventative measures to put in place to keep staff safe and reduce the risk of contamination.
- You will learn what to do in the event of a member of your team being exposed to potentially hazardous blood-borne pathogens.
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
Training Course Content
- Module 01: What are blood-borne pathogens?
- Module 02: What is an Exposure Control plan and Why do you Need one?
- Module 03: Preventative Measures
- Module 04: Vaccines
- Module 05: Post-exposure Procedures
As one of the market-leaders in distance-learning and self-study multimedia-based training, Learning247 provides the most cost-effective route to enable you to update and improve upon your skills; and all without the massive prices that are regularly seen throughout the training...