Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Autism Awareness Diploma Training Course
Whether you are a teacher or you have a child of your own with autism, our autism awareness diploma is brimming with information, tips and advice to give you the tools to work with these special individuals, helping them enjoy a better quality of life.
The course modules provide you with enough information to give you the ability to start working with these children and adults with ease and confidence. The online course gives you access from anywhere at any time, so you can study at home on your laptop or even on the tube on your way home from work on your smartphone or tablet. The online study experience provided is designed to make studying easier, more convenient and affordable.Introduction to the Autism Awareness Diploma
This course is broken down into eleven information packed modules to make it easier to manage, learn and absorb the material being provided. Each of the modules is set out in an easy to understand format.
On completion of the course you will be required to pass a multiple choice test. You are given two chances to pass. On passing you can download and print your industry recognised certification.
What You Will Learn
This course is overflowing with information and is designed to give you the knowledge and skill to work with children and adults with autism on a daily basis. This course will teach you the following:
- An introduction into autism. Learn the definition of this condition so you have a better understanding moving forward.
- The different conditions which could be related to autism
- Identify what learning disabilities are associated with autism
- In-depth knowledge into the social skills, communications and more
- What the main cause of autism is
- Insight into how autism is diagnosed in children
- How people with this condition communicate
- The behavioural patterns of an autistic person
- How to set limits
- Identify the common myths associated with this condition
- How to approach autism
- Insight into how to prepare a person for social engagement
- Learn the valuable person centred approach
- Know how to ensure that you provide a safe environment
- Visual strategies
- Understand why organisation is so important
- Learn about organisation at home, school, work and in the community
- Know the ethical considerations when working with someone with autism
- Identify how to improve autism awareness
- Learn about Autism Awareness UK goals and more
The benefits to completing this Autism Awareness diploma are extensive. You can take advantage of this course if you have a passion for work with children or adults who have this condition and you believe you can make a difference. It can also help you if you are currently working with someone or you teach someone with this condition.
The benefits you can expect to enjoy when completing this diploma include:
- Gain valuable insight into working or living with someone with autism
- Learn tips and advice from industry leaders
- Fast track your career
- Receive an industry recognised certification
- All certificates can be verified online
- Further education to show your dedication and passion
- Study online at your own pace
- Complete the course in a matter of days or months
- Study according to your own schedule. Work full time and study part time to complete your diploma.
- Easy to manage modules broken down to make studying easier and more enjoyable
- Modules available on most devices
- Online support
- Lifetime access to your study modules
- Affordable price
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 11 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 10 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
Training Course Content
- Module 1: Introduction to Autism
- Module 2 : Learning Disabilities Associated with Autism
- Module 3 : Causes and Diagnoses of Autism
- Module 4 : Language and Communication Skills
- Module 5 : Understanding and Dealing with Autistic Behaviour
- Module 6 : Addressing Common Myths Connected with Autism
- Module 7 : Recognised Approaches to Autism
- Module 8 : Best Practices when Dealing with Autistic Individuals
- Module 9 : Organisational Considerations
- Module 10 : Ethical Considerations and Legal Obligations
- Module 11 : Encouraging Autism Awareness
As one of the market-leaders in distance-learning and self-study multimedia-based training, Learning247 provides the most cost-effective route to enable you to update and improve upon your skills; and all without the massive prices that are regularly seen throughout the training...