Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Advanced Strategic Management and HR StrategyLondon Business Training & Consulting
Advanced Strategic Management and HR Strategy
By attending this course, you will explore the specific role that is required of strategic managers in an organization with a more detailed examination of some key elements.
You will also explore the specific role that is required of a strategic manager in an organization.
The fundamental nature of organizations hasn’t changed, the pace of change is moving ever faster. In HR, as in many parts of the organization, we are being asked to achieve more with either the same resources or fewer. This is the time for you to be even more strategic in your outlook and actions. Getting the daily tasks done no longer guarantees employment for any of us. We have to think and act in a more thoughtful and strategic way to add value to our organization and work. This course will take you through the necessary steps to achieve this.
This course also explores organization performance from the many facets of an organization. We will take you on a journey from a strategic view right through to the individual, exploring performance from many angles to gain insights into what really works in organizations today.
The course includes site visits to organizations relevant to the course so delegates can develop an understanding of how their contemporaries function in the real-world.
The course will wrap with a summary of the key learning points, followed by an action planning exercise with a view to apply the acquired knowledge and skills immediately upon your return to work. Post-course support is also available in relation to the implementation of your action plan, up to six (6) months following course completion.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for:
- Board-level Directors & Deputy Directors, and all other Senior Managers who are responsible for achieving the organization's strategic objectives & can commit the resources to achieve them.
- HR directors
- Heads of HR functions
- HR business partners
- Senior HR executives, managers, advisors and officers who wish to contribute to the development and implementation of HR strategy.
- Chief officers, Chairpersons, Board members, Heads of Departments, and all those at the highest levels of an organization interested in developing an in-depth knowledge of strategic HRM.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to understand:
- How to focus on ensuring that the organization's operations are fit for purpose in the current, medium and long term.
- A strategic overview of operations.
- When and how to 'intervene' in the organization's operations.
- The role of strategic leader – specifically how it relates to the finance, human resources, data/information and operational capacity of the organization to deliver its strategic objectives.
- The strategic nature of HR.
- The process of formulating and implementing organizational development strategy.
- The meaning and significance of human capital management (HCM).
- The approaches to the development of knowledge management strategies.
- Ways to improve performance of teams and individuals.
- The difficulties of induction and the benefits of getting it right.
- Why competencies should be at the heart of your strategic thinking.
- Competencies with increased Emotional Intelligence as central to your organization culture.
- How money really impacts performance.
- A practical perspective into contemporary work practices in your field.
- How to implement an Action Plan at your workplace using the knowledge and skills acquired through the course.
Training Course Content
Organizational Role of the Strategic Manager
- What is Strategic Management?
- Understanding the Strategic Position of the organization
- the Strategic Toolkit
- Stakeholder Management
- Funding strategic priorities
- Ensuring revenue resilience
- Managing reserves
- Crises planning
Human Capital Strategy
- Talent Management
- Pay and reward
- Succession planning
- The corporate dashboard
- Business Modelling
- Resilient supply chains
- Ensuring quality
- Lean systems
- The Strategic Planning Cycle
- Review and refresh
- Incremental adjustments vs major restructure
Leading Strategic Change
- The Drivers of Change
- Building and Gaining support
- Project management
- Change management
- The strategic nature of HR
- HR Models – Strengths and Weaknesses
- The strategic business partner model
Organizational Development Strategy
- Organizational Development Activities
- Formulating and implementing OD strategy
- Culture Change
Knowledge Management Strategy
- The Two Types of Knowledge
- Knowledge Management toolkit
- Knowledge Management as part of Organizational Culture
Performance Management Strategy
- Common Challenges with Performance Management
- The Performance Cycle
- Effective Ways to improve Performance
The Employee Engagement Cycle
- Recruitment and Selection
- Discipline and Grievance
Organizational Culture and Change
- The Competency Concept
- Developing a Coaching Culture
- Emotional Intelligence
Why choose London Business Training & Consulting
Management consultation service
Paperless service delivery model
Flexible open course schedule
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
We offer face-to-face classroom sessions as well as online training sessions through Zoom. With a vast range of scheduled courses to choose from, LBTC aims to satisfy your niche needs for management courses and more. With options of customisability, your every training need is satisfied. LBTC offers everything that helps you push the scales of your career and gain a competitive edge.
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
London Business Training & Consulting
London Business Training & Consulting (LBTC) is the UK’s premier business and management training and consultancy service provider. LBTC offers 600 management training courses in sixteen (16) subject categories of durations ranging from 1-day to 11-weeks. This includes 90-minute interactive live online training courses....
Find out more about this Advanced Strategic Management and HR Strategy course - simply fill out your details: