Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
AAT Professional (Level 4) OnDemand
The Professional Diploma in Accounting covers higher accounting tasks required by a financial team leader such as drafting financial statement, managing budgets and evaluating financial performance.Using our multi-award winning OnDemand study method, you'll get a structured study programme with tutor-led video guides. The course can be started whenever you're ready and you can work through the content at a pace that suits you, with tutor support when you need it.Kaplan offers 12 month interest-free payment plans to help you spread the cost of your course. If your employer is paying for the course, be sure to select 'Invoice my employer' at checkout.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Training Course Content
The AAT Professional Diploma consists of four compulsory units and two optional units from a choice of five. The compulsory units are:
- Financial Statements of Limited Companies (FSLC) - You’ll learn about drafting, analysis, and interpretation of financial statements of limited companies. You’ll gain the skills to interpret the financial statements of limited companies, using ratio analysis.
- Management Accounting: Budgeting (MABU) - You’ll learn how to budget for business activities, set targets and plans, and monitor results. You’ll strengthen your skills in management accounting, statistical analysis, written communication and variance analysis.
- Management Accounting: Decision and Control (MDCL) - This unit will prepare you to liaise with business managers to prepare basic or standard budget costs, create budgetary reports, control reports, and standard costing control reports. You’ll learn about concepts like cost behaviour, cost analysis, standard costing, and contribution theory.
- Professional synoptic assessment (PDSY) - You’ll demonstrate your understanding by evaluating internal control systems within a business, and make recommendations to any weaknesses you find, to minimise the risk of loss. The synoptic assessment will also draw on your understanding from FSLC, MABU, and MDCL.
Optional units are:
- Business Tax (BSTX)
- Personal Tax (PLTX)
- External Auditing (ETAU)
- Cash & Treasury Management (CTRM)
- Credit Management (CDMT)
Skills gained include:
- Drafting and interpreting limited company financial statements
- Preparing forecasts of income and expenditure
- Preparing draft budgets and revising them as required by the business
- Managing budgets and reporting variances back to the business
- Reviewing the finance function to identify risk and make recommendations for improvement
Kaplan Financial - The UK's leader in financial, accountancy and business training
Kaplan, part of Kaplan, Inc is the UK’s leading global provider of diverse education and training. Programmes include professional accountancy and financial training,vocational qualifications and Apprenticeships,financial markets,postgraduate and undergraduate degrees. Kaplan combines 70 years of educational and learning excellence with...
Find out more about this AAT Professional (Level 4) OnDemand course - simply fill out your details: