Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
AAT Foundation (Level 2) - Distance Learning
The Foundation Certificate covers the basic principles of accountancy, such as double-entry bookkeeping, costing and preparing financial statements, as well as how to use accounting software. Using our Distance Learning study method, you can study at your own pace. The course includes periodic knowledge checks and progress monitoring to help keep you on track.OFFER: Save 20% when you buy a full level (4 subjects). Kaplan offers 12 month interest-free payment plans to help you spread the cost of your course. If your employer is paying for the course, be sure to select 'Invoice my employer' at checkout.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Training Course Content
AAT Foundation level consists of four subjects:
- Bookkeeping Transactions (BTRN) - You’ll learn how to understand and demonstrate basic financial transactions within a bookkeeping system, across supplier, customer and business accounts.
- Bookkeeping Controls (BKCL) - You’ll identify appropriate payment methods and the effect they have on the bank balance. You’ll learn about control accounts, reconciliation and the purpose of using the journal.
- Elements of Costing (ELCO) - This will teach you to understand the cost recording system within an organisation, use cost recording techniques, and provide information on actual and budgeted costs and income.
- Foundation Synoptic Assessment (FYSA) - You’ll understand and develop the personal skills required to work effectively in a business and understand CSR, ethics, and sustainability in the workplace. The synoptic assessment will also draw on your understanding from BTRN, BKCL and ELCO.
Skills gained include:
- Effective business communication skills including letters, memos and informal reports
- Processing payments and receipts
- Preparing invoices
- Completing bank reconciliations
- Using accounting software
Kaplan Financial - The UK's leader in financial, accountancy and business training
Kaplan, part of Kaplan, Inc is the UK’s leading global provider of diverse education and training. Programmes include professional accountancy and financial training,vocational qualifications and Apprenticeships,financial markets,postgraduate and undergraduate degrees. Kaplan combines 70 years of educational and learning excellence with...
Find out more about this AAT Foundation (Level 2) - Distance Learning course - simply fill out your details: