Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Bartender & Barista Training
Make yourself instantly more employable. Learn the skills to be a top bartender or barista - from crowd-pleasing cocktails to the perfect cup of coffee.
Knowing how to successfully run a bar is your passport to finding employment anywhere in the world.
Let's face it, many people look for bar work because:
- It's a fun and flexible way to make money
- You get to meet new people all the time
- The tips can easily double your pay (good going when you consider the average bartender salary in the US is $20,212)
- Anything can - and will - happen when you're dealing with the public everyday
- It's a world away from a 9-5 desk job (yawn!)
Maybe you're considering bartending to help with your college education but you don't even know where to start and have no experience? With this course you'll learn how to get any bar job and you'll get a certification at the end.
There's always a demand for good bartenders. But there's a lot of competition too.
That's why you've got to be smart to make sure you find work in the hottest venues and coolest bars anywhere you choose.
Having an internationally-recognized certificate in your pocket will open doors for you.
Learn how to serve barista coffees that tempt people through the door. Captivate your audience with your slick and confident cocktail making. Know how to put a smile on your customers' faces.
You'll earn great tips by knowing how to run a bar smoothly. And ensure you get the best jobs in the most popular bars, clubs, hotels and stadiums. With your bartending knowledge, you'll be far too good for those dead-end jobs in dingy bars where nobody knows your name.
Whether you're looking for a career as a bartender or part-time work to earn extra money, our online bartending course gives you the skills you need to nail the interview and be employed.
Uncork our flexible online course, and get ready to be shaken and stirred into an exciting new world.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Who is this course for?
- Existing bartenders who want to broaden their knowledge and serve their customers better
- If you're looking for a bar job, this certificate course will prove to potential employers that you're keen to learn
- Students looking for fun ways to fund their studies or earn extra money
- Jobbing actors who want employment between roles
- Anyone looking for seasonal work at festivals, sporting events or working abroad
- People working in event management or hospitality who want to broaden their knowledge of the industry
- Event organizers who want to be confident that their bar is run properly
- Anyone thinking about owning a bar or nightclub
- Anyone eager to travel anywhere in the world. With this universal training in the back pocket, you can explore anywhere your heart desires and work as you go
- People looking to move up the ladder in their current employment by impressing management with your newfound knowledge
International Open Academy courses are designed for anyone with an interest in learning. No formal qualifications are required to study with us. Our courses are suitable if you want to learn new skills, start a new career, or if you're already working in a particular industry and wish to upgrade your talents and enhance your resume.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
To receive certification, you must:
- Complete every page of the course
- Score at least 55% on the exam at the end of the course
After successfully completing the course, you will immediately receive your PDF course certificate so you can instantly add it to your CV and display your achievement. You can also request a hard copy certificate to be sent to your postal address for a small printing and posting fee.
Training Course Content
During this course, you'll get the answers to all the important questions like:
- What water to coffee ratios do I use for different coffees?
- What's the perfect temperature for brewing?
- What grind settings do I use and when?
- How can I make sure it's a superb cup of coffee and not just average?
- How do the different whiskeys differ?
- What shaking techniques suit which cocktails?
- How can I master free pouring and get quantities right?
- Why is tequila different from other alcohols?
- How do I look after the beers and manage the cellar?
- What do I need to know about serving alcohol responsibly?
- How do I set up my bar properly?
Course delivery details
The course is valid for 90 days. You can purchase lifetime access for an additional £10.
Why choose International Open Academy
1 million+ students
Presence in 139 countries
95% Happy customers
- Whether you're looking for your first bar job or promotion in the bar industry, this course will give you the knowledge to succeed
- You'll have the barista skills to work in any coffee shop or hotel
- Students looking for part-time work or holiday jobs will get ahead of the competition with this accredited certificate course
- Become a more polished bartender and barista (and earn more tips from grateful customers!)
International Open Academy
IOA courses are created by an expert team of professional online educators with a depth of experience across a variety of industries. Get hands-on knowledge and insider tips on new skills or careers that interest you most. With over 600,000...