Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Autism Awareness - CPD Accredited
Would you like to be able to better serve the disabled people in your community? Each year, the reported number of people afflicted with autism increases, and the autism community needs more people who are understanding of the condition and trained to help. Whether you are looking to make a career out of helping autistic people or just want to prepare yourself better for being accommodating to people suffering from autism, our course is for you.
The online Autism Awareness course is specially designed to give you the education you need to help the autistic community. Whether you are looking to learn more about autism to help an autistic person you love or you are just looking to make a difference with people in the community, we are ready and waiting to help. Learn about autism, and what you can do to help the autistic community
Suitability - Who should attend?
Our online Autism Awareness course will help you turn your natural love of helping people into a new career or a rewarding volunteer experience. Young or old, we can help you get the training you need to take the next step towards helping others.
What makes this opportunity even better is that our course is entirely online, meaning you can do all of this on your own time, at your own pace, in your own home. Enroll in our online Autism Awareness course now, and get the training you need to truly help people and feel good about yourself.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
A pdf certificate is already included.
You can also get a hardcopy ICOES certificate for a small fee to cover printing and posting.
Training Course Content
This intensive online Autism Awareness course will teach you about:
- The autism spectrum and how to identify where a person fits along it
- How autism affects a person’s social and functional interactions
- The possible causes of autism
- How to treat the different symptoms of autism
- How to create a plan for managing autistic symptoms
- What autism awareness looks like in the classroom
- The community supports that are available to autistic people and their families
Module 1: Understanding The Spectrum
- What is autism?
- Analysing the spectrum
- Learning disabilities
- Social and emotional development
Module 2: The Autistic Environment
- The new model of autism
- Autism spectrum disorders rising
- Toxic body burden
- The government’s role
Module 3: What Causes Autism?
- Is autism caused by nature or nurture?
- Identifying early signs of autism
- Identifying autism in adults
- How does autism affect genders differently?
Module 4: Autistic Behaviour
- How autistic behaviour can be challenging
- Child behaviour and how to identify autism
- Theory of Mind
- Addressing child behaviour
Module 5: Conducting A Functional Autism Assessment
- Descriptive vs. experimental
- Cautions needed before performing an FBA
- Analysing the data
Module 6: Autism In The Classroom
- Inclusion and proper placement
- Differentiated instruction
- Individualised educational plans
- Monitoring success
Module 7: Creating A Positive Support Plan
- Event strategies
- Antecedent strategies
- Behaviour teaching strategies
- Consequence strategies
- Reinforcement and punishment
Module 8: Aging And Long-term Care
- Aging out crisis
- Functioning in society as an adult
- Support systems
- Consultations and legal documents
- Housing options
- Emergency preparedness
Module 9: Medication
- Anxiety and depression
- Behavioural problems
- Inattention and hyperactivity
Module 10: Community Living And Supports
- Family support
- Physical home modifications
- Early intervention programs
- In-home and out-of-home care
- After-school programs
- Behavioural therapy
The cost of this course is £299 £19 + VAT per participant.
PDF Certificate already Included in price.
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
IOA courses are created by an expert team of professional online educators with a depth of experience across a variety of industries. Get hands-on knowledge and insider tips on new skills or careers that interest you most. With over 600,000...