Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Create compelling and professional designs for high-quality publications. Adobe InDesign is a software package that is regarded as the industry standard across the publishing industry but like many Adobe products, it is often daunting for new users. With so many available functions, tools, and potential operations, it is difficult for even the most tech-savvy editor to know where to start.
The Adobe InDesign course is designed to help any willing user overcome these challenges by breaking down the main functions into five easy to digest parts. Using InDesign is a transferable skill that is crucial and valuable not only for the publishing industry but for anyone who works with any kind of media because in today's world, it is not enough to create great content it needs to look great, too! Learning InDesign makes it easier to create beautiful documents with less effort.
Suitability - Who should attend?
The Adobe InDesign course is perfect for anyone who wants to:
- Take their own creative work to the next level
- Learn how to put together books, magazines or other documents that meet industry standards
- Use an integrated piece of essential software to make every editing job easier
Outcome / Qualification etc.
A pdf certificate is already included.
You can also get a hardcopy ICOES certificate for a small fee to cover printing and posting.
Training Course Content
Students who complete this course will walk away with an understanding of:
- How to setup and run InDesign
- How to format and organize whole pages
- How to work with text, paragraphs, and special characters
- How to insert and format images and objects
- How to prepare a finished document for publication
With this fast-track guide, anyone can use InDesign to help their content shine.
Module 1: Introduction/getting Started
- 1.1 Document Setup
- 1.2 Getting around InDesign (Tour)
- 1.3 Using Rulers and Guides
Module 2: Formatting Pages
- 2.1 Navigating Pages
- 2.2 Master Pages
- 2.3 Layers
Module 3: Formatting Text
- 3.1 Creating Text Frames + Flowing
- 3.2 Characters and Paragraphs
- 3.3 Special Characters + Page Numbers
Module 4: Formatting Objects And Images
- 4.1 Placing Images + Objects
- 4.2 Display Performance, + Links
- 4.3 Crop, Scale, Rotate, Flip
- 4.4 Strokes/Fills, Align, Effects
- 4.5 Combining Type + Images
Module 5: Saving And Printing
- 5.1 Spell-Check, Saving
- 5.2 Preparing for Print
- 5.3 Packaging
- 5.4 Exporting
The cost of this course is £99 £19 + VAT per participant.
PDF Certificate already Included in price.
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
IOA courses are created by an expert team of professional online educators with a depth of experience across a variety of industries. Get hands-on knowledge and insider tips on new skills or careers that interest you most. With over 600,000...