Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Catering & Cooking Distance Learning Course
This Catering & Cooking Distance Learning Course is designed to cover the essential skills required to begin a successful career in the culinary arts and food and catering industry. With exclusively online delivery, participants will benefit from the following:
- Study a course that designed together with culinary experts
- Study at their own pace, whenever and wherever
- Spare the commute and save time
- No assignment deadlines
- Finish the course in months or over 3 years
- Gain access to an industry-trained tutor
Course length and study mode
This course is available in three levels. The average time within which students complete studies is:
- Certificate Level - 14 weeks
- Diploma Level - 24 weeks
- Advanced Diploma Level - 31 weeks
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Catering & Cooking course is ideally suited to individuals requiring refined skills in the culinary arts, with the ultimate goal of gaining employment within the food industry.
Choose from 3 course levels
This distance learning course is available at either Certificate, Diploma or Advanced Diploma levels.
- Certificate Level: Suitable for basic entry level positions this level represents a basic level of operational knowledge with general knowledge.
- Diploma Level: Suitable for those with personal responsibility and autonomy (semi-independence) in performing technical operations or organising others in the workplace.
- Advanced Diploma: Suitable for those expect to be involved in significant judgements, planning, and leadership/guidance functions related to workplace products, services, operations or procedures.
There are NO previous work or education requirements for entry into any course level. Participants may enrol directly into the diploma or advanced diploma levels without completing lower ranked qualifications. Graduates can expect higher course levels to result in higher potential salary, positions and skill capabilities.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
This ICI distance learning course is recognised and accredited by the International Association of Private Career Colleges (IAPCC).
On successful completion of the course you will receive:
- A graduation certificate which recognises successful completion of Catering & Cooking studies and training
- Transcripts indicating units completed
- Letter of recommendation and validation for current and future employers
- Post-nominal letters placed after your name which indicate that you hold the relevant qualification. For example: John Smith, DipCtrCk
- Job search assistance: Graduate Career Services Program
Training Course Content
- Commercial Cookery and Food Preparation
- Catering Business Practices
- Catering Employment
- Human Food and Nutrition
- Kitchen and Food Management
- Planning a Menu
- Scope and nature of Catering Services
- Hygiene and Safety in the Kitchen
- Working with Others
- Vegetables, Eggs, Fruit and Farinaceous Dishes
- Bakery, Pastry and Desserts
- Dietary and Cultural Needs
The cost of this Catering & Cooking course depends on the level chosen, and prices are as follows:
- Certificate £498
- Diploma £798
- Advanced Diploma £998
Participants have the opportunity of paying in instalments as low as £25 per week. All materials essential for course completion are included in the cost of the course fee. Upon enrolment, students receive:
- All required study materials and course notes
- Practical assignment projects with constructive tutor feedback
Industry based tutor assisting delegates with their course and career questions and guidance needs
Start your new career today with ICI's Distance Learning & Home Study courses
The International Career Institute (ICI), provides career development online courses for individuals and businesses, helping professionals across all industries to build and improve their skills and career performance. You can study at home, in your own time, at your own pace. Designed...