Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Advanced Certificate in Corporate GovernanceThe Chartered Governance Institute
Advanced Certificate in Corporate Governance
This internationally-recognised qualification gives you the knowledge and skills needed to advise decision-making authorities on governance-related issues affecting private, voluntary and public sector organisations (for NHS organisations, see our Advanced Certificate in Health Service Governance qualification).
Leading to a Level 6 (graduate-level) qualification, it will enable you to interpret the frameworks underlying corporate governance law to support the development of good governance practices and effective stakeholder dialogue throughout your organisation, whilst being aware of legal obligations and best practice.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Company secretary/assistant or deputy company secretary, Company secretarial assistant, Governance, risk or compliance manager/officer, Lawyer or accountant with governance responsibilities
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Students who successfully complete the Advanced Certificate in Corporate Governance are eligible to become Affiliated members and continue to benefit from the knowledge and support of our governance and compliance community.
Training Course Content
- General principles of corporate governance
- Legal and regulatory aspects of corporate governance
- Codes of and reports on corporate governance
- Application of governance rules and principles
- Role of the company secretary
- The board of directors/board of governors
- Remuneration of directors and senior executives
- Reporting to shareholders and external audit
- Relations with shareholders
- Risk management and internal control
- Corporate social responsibility and sustainability
The Chartered Governance Institute - Developing the skills of governance professionals
The Chartered Governance Institute (previously ICSA: The Governance Institute) is the professional body for governance. With 125 years’ experience, we work with regulators and policymakers to champion high standard of governance and provide qualification, training and guidance that build careers. ...
Find out more about this Advanced Certificate in Corporate Governance course - simply fill out your details: