Hudson have partnered with QA to bring you this classroom and 'Attend from Anywhere' course. QA have twenty learning centers throughout the UK, offering well equipped, purpose-built training environments. They also have a wide network of high quality partner locations, reducing travel time. Their 'Attend from Anywhere' courses also allow learners to join classes regardless of their physical location.
Key facts about QA:
- 30 years' experience providing world-class training.
- 20 learning centers throughout the UK.
- 300 learning professionals who are experts in their field.
- 500k training days delivered every year.
- 6000 clients including 80% of the FTSE 250.
About this course
The ITIL® Certificate in Planning, Protection and Optimisation (PPO) Course is one of the four courses that fit into the capability stream for ITIL certification.
This certification is intended to enable the holders of the ITIL Foundation certificate in IT Service Management to acquire the skills needed to begin the practical application of the concepts, covered by this course, in support of the Service Management lifecycle.
The Planning, Protection and Optimisation Course provides in-depth practical advice and guidance on process structure, roles, functions and activities that will enable role focused capability and competency in relation to:
- Capacity Management
- Availability Management
- IT Service Continuity Management
- Information Security Management,
- Demand Management
This course also provides 35 Hours of Contact Education/Professional Development Units towards PMI PMP certification/re-certification
The main focus of the course is covered by the Service Design volume of the IT Infrastructure Library® (ITIL®).
The core volume of Service Design provides guidance on the design of new or changed services for introduction into the live environment.
The ITIL® Framework is a source of good practice in service management. ITIL® is used by organisations world-wide to establish and improve capabilities in service management. Service Management is a set of specialised organisational capabilities for providing value to customers in the form of services. The capabilities take the form of functions and processes for managing services over a lifecycle, with specializations in strategy, design, transition, operation, and continual improvement. The capabilities represent a service organisation's capacity, competency, and confidence for action. The act of transforming resources into valuable services is at the core of service management. Without these capabilities, a service organisation is merely a bundle of resources that by itself has relatively low intrinsic value for customers.
The course is comprised of lecture sessions, facilitated assignments and exercises and a practice examination.
The exam is gradient, scenario based multi-choice. There are 8 questions to be completed in 90 minutes. Each question will have 4 possible answer options, one of which is worth 5 marks, one which is worth 3 marks, one which is worth 1 mark, and one which is a distracter and achieves no marks. The pass mark is 28 marks from 40 (70%). Photo ID is required for any examination.
- Course type: Performance
- Course code: ITILCPPO
- Duration: 5 Days
- Exam included: Yes. The exam fee is included in this course.
- Pre-course work/reading included: Yes
- Saving when enrolled through Hudson: £200.20
- Course delivery: choose between classroom or 'Attend from Anywhere' (i.e. live online class)
When is the next class?
Call us on 020 3095 0468 (Mon-Fri, 9:30am-6pm) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for the next available class dates.
How much can I save if I enroll on this course through Hudson?
- QA price: £3445.20 inc VAT
- Hudson price: £3245 inc VAT
- Saving: £200.20
Who is this course aimed at?
- Individuals who have attained the ITIL Foundation certificate in Service Management and who wish to advance to higher level ITIL certifications
- Individuals who require a practical understanding of the Planning, Protection and Optimisation processes and how they may be used to enhance the quality of IT service within an organisation
- Operational staff involved in Capacity Management, Availability Management, IT Service Continuity Management, Information Security Management, Demand Management, and Risk Management who wish to enhance their role-based capabilities
Possession of one of the following certifications is mandatory. Proof of prerequisites MUST be produced on the day of the exam to the trainer.
- ITIL v3 or 2011 Foundation
- ITIL v2 Foundation and v2/v3 Foundation Bridge.
Acceptable forms of prerequisite confirmation are as follows:
- A copy of the candidates examination certificate
- Confirmed entry in the AXELOS Successful Candidate Register. You will need to provide the full SCR number (registration/candidate number located on your certificate).
Delegates without evidence of the prerequisites will NOT be permitted to sit the exam.