Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Hudson have partnered with the Online Business School (OBS) to bring you this fully accredited Diploma course. The Online Business School delivers online university pathway programmes with full Undergraduate and Postgraduate Diploma Awards to learners from all corners of the world. Learners can fast track their way through to a UK University Qualification on campus or by distance learning. With a 24/7 student networking platform, personal dashboards, 1-2-1 online tutorials, group webinars and bank of pre-recorded group webcasts, the Online Business School provides students with all the support that they need to succeed in developing their professional skill base and achieve a university qualification .
Watch this video to learn more about OBS and how their online Diploma courses work
About this DiplomaThe Undergraduate Level 4/5 Extended Diploma in Management is a 240 credit course designed to fast track students to the final year of an associated Undergraduate degree in Business and Management, which can either be completed at a UK university on campus or via distance learning. This course is made up of 10 Level 4 modules (120 credits) and 10 level 5 modules (120 credits), each level also includes 8 written assignments. If a student decides to only study at Level 4 they will receive 120 credits and can apply for an exemption from the first year of a university Degree course. Each module consists of approximately 40 guided learning hours of material with an additional 30-50 hours of optional learning material. These materials comprise recommended exercises, recommended readings and internet resources. How will I be assessed?
- After you have completed an online module, you will have an online assessment to complete. This assessment contains 30 multiple-choice questions. You will have one hour to complete these questions which are answered in sets of five so you will have plenty of time to review and edit your answers. After an hour the test will automatically time out.
- After you have completed the test, your results will be displayed immediately. If you have passed, you will receive a Certificate of Completion. If you didn’t pass, you will receive a notification of a “refer’’ where you will be told how to retake a module assessment at a cost of £30. You can complete these modules at your own pace, as there is no deadline to complete the course.
- When the online modules have been successfully completed, you will then be able to take the final written assignments, provided by Online Business School, that test your knowledge and understanding of the modules. After successful completion of these eight assignments you will receive your ATHE Diploma.
- You will then be eligible to apply for progression onto a Top up course through a recognised UK university on campus or by distance learning.
- Developing Personal Skills: Develop a range of personal skills vital to the world of business. Concentrating on communication, leadership and decision making techniques.
- Effective Communication: Communication is the key to effective operations and working effectively with others. Throughout this module, learners will grasp a range of communication techniques used for a variety of commercial purposes.
- The Business Environment: Explore issues outside of the business that may affect the business and its operations. Looking into economics, international dimensions, nature and competition.
- The Marketing Mix: Exploring and using the marketing mix as part of the business planning process.
- Strategic HRM: This module looks at employees and people as a business’ most valuable asset. Recruit the best, reward the best and retain the best.
- Managing Ethically: Explore the various theories and models of management and their different contexts.
- Culture and the Organisation: What is meant by culture? Why is it important? How does it differ between organisations?
- Customers and Customer Service: This module looks at customers as the fulcrum of any business.
- Fundamentals of Accounting: On completion of this module, learners will understand accounts and how they can be used to give insight into the health of the organisation.
- Financial Management and Control: In this module, learners will compare and contrast some examples of good and bad financial decision making and the impact on the business.
- The Entrepreneurial Manager: What is an Entrepreneur? Examine the skills and qualities of entrepreneurship.
- Organisation Structures: Why are organisations structured in the way they are? What determines the optimum structure and how does it differ between organisations? In this module, learners will look at the numerous models and theories that make up organisational structure.
- Practical Accounting Analysis: Learners will complete exercises in accounts throughout this module to understand what they are telling us and the actions that analysis can precipitate.
- Business Planning and Goal Setting: What is the business trying to achieve? What will it do? How will it do it? This module focuses on the creation of clear goals and clear plans to achieve a clear objective.
- Politics and Business: Impact of politics on business and how it may help or hinder business. This module will educate learners on economic impact, exports and government support.
- Business Law: Explore the statutory responsibilities of managers as learners look into the legalities of business and business executives.
- Managing in Today’s World: Business in the modern world. This module focuses on governance and equality as a means to do right in business.
- Performance Management: Understanding how your people and your business can continually improve together, learners will review reward structures, CPD, training and development to ensure high performance in business.
- Marketing and Sales Planning: Learners will analyse how markets, customers, competitors and products can come together in a cohesive plan.
- Quantitative Skills: On successful completion of this module, learners will have knowledge of numeric exercises and will understand their use within the context of the business.
- One to One Coaching through online tutorials. Students can purchase tutorials on a one to one basis through a live webinar or telephone support.
- Live interactive webinars – students can enter a live webinar with other students in a virtual classroom.
- Recorded webcasts – Students can purchase pre-recorded webcasts to enhance their learning.
- Specific student issues
- Any quality issues for university partners
- Monitoring of assessment standards
- Monitoring of material content against learning outcomes
- Specific operational issues as they affect quality and customer service
Hudson - Leaders in Learning
Hudson provide high spec e-learning to the consumer and corporate market all over the world. The majority of our online training is accessible across most devices including laptop, desktop, tablet, and smart phones. Our courses are designed to fit around...
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Accredited Undergraduate Level 4/5 Extended Diploma in Management (with bonus PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner course) course - simply fill out your details: