Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Health & Home Package: Nutrition, Health, Cooking Skills and Home Improvement
Gain a full and rounded understanding of the best way to cook and eat at home, and how to maintain and improve your home environment with this course. Learn how to make nutritious, healthy meals for yourself and your family, and save money by gaining the skills necessary to renovate your home and perform tasks such as plumbing, waterproofing and general maintenance.
Learn the traits of a healthy lifestyle
Explore the principles of a balanced diet and the basics of good nutrition. Explore the science behind the roles of carbohydrates, proteins, fats, minerals and vitamins, and learn the impact that proper nutrition can have on your health and wellbeing.
Cook a healthy meal
Cooking well at home not only provides food for your body, but also food for the soul. Learn to cook complex dishes that friends and family will love, and save money by ditching expensive processed and packaged foods in favour of healthy meals cooked with real ingredients.
Maintain, renovate and redesign.
Gain valuable insight and understanding into home maintenance, interior design and renovation. Save money by performing simple repairs and basic plumbing yourself, rather than calling in an expensive contractor.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Anybody who has a desire to learn more about this subject is encouraged to do this course. The course has no entry requirements.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Advantages of this Course
This course will make you the king, or queen, of your castle and enable you to tackle any element of your home environment with skill and confidence. The benefits include:
- Increased understanding of how important good nutrition and healthy eating are to the health and wellbeing of you and your family
- Lose weight and look great by understanding your body type and what type of diet suits you best
- Learn to cook delicious meals and gain valuable kitchen techniques and skills
- Gain a thorough understanding of the basics of home maintenance. Become your own handyman and save money
- Learn practical skills from high qualified instructors
- Learn at your own pace and fully understand each principle
Invest in this course today and gain knowledge on the principles of a healthy lifestyle and gain the skills to maintain a perfect home.
On completion of the course you will be awarded a certificate.
Training Course Content
Key Learning Points
This comprehensive course covers all the areas necessary for you to be fully in control of your home environment, and to make sure you and your family are happy, healthy and safe. We use only the IT industry’s finest instructors and each one has a minimum of 15 years real-world experience. The course includes instructor-led demonstrations and visual presentations that allow students to develop their skills based on real world scenarios. Unlike a live class, you can fast-forward, repeat or rewind your lectures and make sure you have fully understood every element before moving on.
Focus areas include:
- Nutrition and Health : This part of the course provides an in depth look at the principles of a balanced diet and the science behind nutrition. Learn which type of diet is best for your body type. Know which type of food will help you to build muscle and which will help you to lose weight. Learn how a good diet can ward off heart disease, obesity and the health concerns related to high cholesterol. Explore the reasons that fad diets don’t work and the health benefits of a raw food diet.
- Cooking : This module is great for both beginners and more experienced cooks, and will bring out the hidden chef in you. It has been developed by celebrity chefs who are passionate about cooking and will teach you how to make mouth-watering meals from scratch. Some of the dishes included are Ricotta Nyoki, pizza tarts, Spanakopita, soufflés and chowders. As well as learning these delicious recipes you’ll learn valuable cooking techniques and skills that you will use forever.
- Home Improvement : This part of the course will teach you the basics of home maintenance, interior design and renovation. The course is written by experts in the field of home improvement and contains step-by-step videos that will show you exactly how each task is performed. By the end of the course you’ll be able to perform basic electrical tasks like changing a light switch, basic plumbing repairs like toilet maintenance and practical renovation tasks like laying a floor.
Course delivery details
- Location: Online course
- Course Access: 12 Months
- Go at your own pace.
- There are no time limits for this course.
- This course is compatible with all modern devices and browsers.
- On completion of the course, you will be awarded a certificate.
- We are here to help if you have any problems.
With more than 150,000 learners around the world and over 1000 online courses, Harley Oxford is one of the largest elearning platforms around. Looking to learn a new skill or perhaps a hobby, whatever your choice is our courses are...