Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
An Enabling Learning Environment
Embrace the idea of rich learning environments, and get to grips with some of the fundamental aspects of this exciting concept. Children are naturally curious, exploring every inch of their environment, at home and elsewhere. Exploring is a source of natural learning, and when they’re away from their home, it’s up to the childcare practitioner to ensure that their learning environment isn’t just safe, but richly resourced with activities, stimulating and fun.
Promote Independence and Individual Development
As an early years practitioner, it’s your job to provide appropriate support for every single child, so that they can benefit, develop and grow with the help of your assistance and the activities that are in place for them to enjoy. With plenty of opportunities, children can learn independently, make friends with peers and achieve their development goals with ease.
Create Stimulating Learning Environments
This in-depth course will help students to ensure an enabling learning environment can be established, by creating learning environments both inside and out, as well as applying creativity and perhaps themes to their learning areas. Whether you choose to get outside and appreciate somewhere other than a classroom’s four walls, or you want to jazz up your early years space, or theme it to suit certain topics, this course will help you to gain the skills needed to make your ideas reality.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Anybody who has a desire to learn more about this subject is encouraged to do this course. The course has no entry requirements.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
On completion of the course you will be awarded a certificate.
Training Course Content
Key Learning Points
This course would be ideal for childcare practitioners working in a range of settings, including nursery workers, childminders and school keyworkers who have an active role in the decision making and brainstorming process with regards to creating a stimulating and fun learning environment.
- Learn how to ask children open ended questions, and recognise when (and how) to challenge them to improve their skills. Learn how to help them gain independence and learn for themselves, as well as encouraging them to interact with their peers with minimal adult intervention.
- Think about the various learning areas that are part of your learning environment, and learn more about how these areas can be made even more stimulating than they already are.
- Learn how to plan a room, and how to link the various areas and activities to the early learning goals. Ensure that the environment meets the needs of all children who will be using it, regardless of their individual requirements.
- Gain insight into how to designate responsibility to staff, so that all keyworkers and practitioners can be part of this enabling process.
- Understand the need for a richly resourced environment, filled with activities that can be explored and enjoyed.
- Understand the importance of outdoor learning, and recognise some of the ways in which education can be taken outside, such as within outdoor learning environments, or via the implementation of forest schools.
Course delivery details
- Location: Online course
- Course Access: 12 Months
- Go at your own pace.
- There are no time limits for this course.
- This course is compatible with all modern devices and browsers.
- On completion of the course, you will be awarded a certificate.
- We are here to help if you have any problems.
With more than 150,000 learners around the world and over 1000 online courses, Harley Oxford is one of the largest elearning platforms around. Looking to learn a new skill or perhaps a hobby, whatever your choice is our courses are...
Before we redirect you to this supplier's website, do you mind filling out this form so that we can stay in touch? You can unsubscribe at any time.