Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Accredited NEBOSH - International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety
This fantastic-value online course is awarded by the internationally recognised National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH). The course is specifically designed for professionals with safety responsibilities in the oil and gas industry. If you have health and safety responsibilities in what is one of the world’s most hazardous industries, gaining the appropriate safety certification is crucial, particularly in developing countries where new industry is booming.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Anybody who has a desire to learn more about this subject is encouraged to do this course. The course has no entry requirements.
To embark on this course, it’s recommended that candidates have already gained a sound working knowledge of key health and safety principles by attaining either the NEBOSH National General Certificate or the NEBOSH International General Certificate.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
- Explain the purpose of and procedures for investigating incidents and how the lessons learnt can be used to improve health and safety in the oil and gas industries
- Explain the hazards inherent in oil and gas arising from the extraction, storage, and processing of raw materials and products
- Outline the risk management techniques used in the oil and gas industries
- Explain the principles of assessing and managing contractors, including the roles of parties involved
- Outline the tools, standards, measurement, competency requirements and controls applicable to Process Safety Management (PSM) in the oil and gas industries
- Explain the importance of safe plant operation and maintenance of hydrocarbon containing equipment and processes
- Outline the hazards, risks and controls to ensure safe start up and shut down of hydrocarbon containing equipment and processes
- Outline types of failure modes that may lead to loss of containment from hydrocarbons
- Outline the hazards, risks and controls available for safe containment of hydrocarbons offshore and onshore
- Outline the fire hazards, risks and controls relating to hydrocarbons
- Outline the hazards, risks and controls available for operating boilers and furnaces
- Outline the principles, procedures and resources for effective emergency response
- Identify the main hazards of and suitable controls for marine transport in the oil and gas Industries
- Identify the main hazards of and suitable controls for land transport in the oil and gas industries
On completion of the course you will be awarded a certificate.
Training Course Content
- Health, safety and environmental management in context
- Hydrocarbon process safety 1
- Hydrocarbon process safety 2
- Fire protection and emergency response
- Logistics and transport operations
Course delivery details
- Location: Online course
- Course Access: 12 Months
- Go at your own pace.
- There are no time limits for this course.
- This course is compatible with all modern devices and browsers.
- On completion of the course, you will be awarded a certificate.
- We are here to help if you have any problems.
Where could this qualification take me next?
Gaining this Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety will demonstrate to employers that you have the skills and knowledge to work with these substances at an international level.
With more than 150,000 learners around the world and over 1000 online courses, Harley Oxford is one of the largest elearning platforms around. Looking to learn a new skill or perhaps a hobby, whatever your choice is our courses are...