Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Hotel Receptionist and Opera PMS Training – OnlineGlobal Edulink
Hotel Receptionist and Opera PMS Training – Online
To have a successful career as a hotel receptionist, you must be approachable, friendly and helpful. But in order to gain or keep a job in such a competitive field, you must also be able to show an employer that you have the drive, determination and ability to do the role better than anyone else could. By gaining a recognised qualification through a leading UK training provider such as Global Edulink, you can make your CV stand out from the crowd or demonstrate to your employer why you need that promotion.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Who is this course for?
– Seeking work as a receptionist in the hotel/hospitality industry;
– Interested in learning how to use the Opera PMS system;
– A new or temporary receptionist keen to learn or develop relevant skills to help you progress up the career ladder;
– An experienced hotel receptionist who wants to learn how to improve your skills, particularly in relation to the use of the Opera PMS system.
As well as qualifying you for a receptionist role, this qualification can also ultimately lead to a career as a front desk supervisor or manager.
This is a distance learning course, which means that you can access the course material online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, making it easy for you to study in your free time without having to take any time off work.
You do not need any qualifications or previous experience to take this course, though you do need to be at least 16 years of age and have basic Literacy, English Language, Numeracy and ICT skills to enrol. You should also be enthusiastic about working in a job which is diverse, interesting and involves meeting new people every day.
Benefits you will gain:
By enrolling in to this course, you’ll get:
- High quality e-learning study materials and mock exams.
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts.
- Includes step-by-step tutorial videos and an effective, professional support service.
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal.
- Benefit of applying NUS extra Discount Card.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Access Course Content on Mobile, Tablet or Desktop.
- Study in a user friendly, advanced online learning platform.
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Successful candidates will be awarded “Certificate in Hotel Reception and Opera PMS Training”.
Training Course Content
The course is delivered online but, at Global Edulink, we pride ourselves on providing a fully supportive learning environment for our students, so you will not feel alone or isolated. Our tutorials are professionally narrated and combined with interactive tests and quizzes to make learning interesting and engaging throughout.
- Additional Course Materials for Hotel Receptionist
- Professional Receptionist Training Course Objectives
- The 90: 90 Principle to create a powerful first impression
- Hot Telephone Tips
- Get the facts- ask the right questions
- Discuss Solutions- learning to listen
- Dealing with difficult customers
- Practice good telephone skills
- Managing database and company files
- Booking or Reservation procedure
- Deal effectively with security and safety issues
- Successful Meetings & Minutes
- Meeting Arrangements
- Arranging Business Travel and Accommodation
- Email Tutorial
- How to use Social Media to promote your company
- Minute Taking
- Microsoft Excel Tutorial
- MS PowerPoint Tips
- MS Word Tips & Tricks
- Opera Log In and Log Out, Main Screen
- Profile Creation and Amendments
- Profile Notes
- Finding Reservations – 2 ways
- Rate Query Screen
- Creating Reservation
- Preferences and Features Requests
- Amending Reservation
- Cancelling Reservation
- Check In (2 Ways)
- Check out
- Cashiering Posting Charges
- Cashiering Splitting and Transferring Charges
- Cashiering Routing
- Room Status, Out of Order and Out of Service
- Opera Reports
You will learn:
– How to use the Opera PMS hotel booking and reservation system;
– Customer service best practice;
– Front desk duties;
– How to handle challenging situations and solve common problems;
– Database management;
– How to use Microsoft Word and Excel effectively;
– How to manage meeting and accommodation bookings.
At the end of the course, you will sit a test that is delivered and marked online. It is a multiple-choice test and you will be informed immediately of your result. On passing the test, you will be awarded a recognised Certificate in Hotel Reception and Opera PMS Training.
Global Edulink - together, shaping your future
Global Edulink is an established provider for professional skills training in the United Kingdom. Courses are designed for a wide audience of professionals seeking A-Level training in education, IT, security, English language and office administration. Global Edulink training courses focus on...
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Hotel Receptionist and Opera PMS Training – Online course - simply fill out your details: