Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Diploma in Professional Receptionist - OnlineGlobal Edulink
Diploma in Professional Receptionist - Online
To improve your chances of gaining well-paid employment as a Receptionist, enrol on the Global Edulink Diploma in Professional Receptionist course. Developing your skills and gaining a formal, recognised qualification will impress existing and future employers and aid your career development.
Unlike many distance learning course providers, at Global Edulink we are dedicated to ensuring that you feel supported throughout your studies. Distance learning can be isolating if not delivered with adequate professional backing. By studying with us you will have access not only to all of the course materials you require (24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year) but also to a supportive team to help develop your confidence and keep you motivated to learn and complete your course.
Your course is comprised of professionally-narrated e-tutorials, interactive quizzes and tests, plus a final exam. Step-by-step videos will help you to fully understand the course content and to be able to apply your new knowledge to real-life situations upon qualification.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Who is this course for?
– Seeking your first job as a Receptionist?
– Already employed as a Receptionist (perhaps on a temporary basis) and want to develop best practice and boost your career?
– An experienced Receptionist interested in developing your administrative and receptionist skills to progress up the career ladder?
If so, this distance-learning course is ideal as it will give you the knowledge and qualification you need, whilst enabling you to fit your studying around your existing employment or other commitments.
You do not need any previous experience or qualifications to enrol but must be aged 16 or over and have a basic understanding of English Language and Literacy.
Benefits you will gain:
By enrolling in to this course, you’ll get:
- High quality e-learning study materials and mock exams.
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts.
- Includes step-by-step tutorial videos and an effective, professional support service.
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal.
- Benefit of applying NUS extra Discount Card.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Access Course Content on Mobile, Tablet or Desktop.
- Study in a user friendly, advanced online learning platform.
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Successfully candidates receive a Diploma in professional receptionist training.
Training Course Content
The course consists of 70 hours of guided learning (all of which is online and available to access all day, every day – whenever is convenient to you) and is delivered in three units:
Unit 1: Developing customer service skills (including how to welcome guests correctly and professionally, how to create a powerful and positive first impression, how to handle difficult customers, identifying customer needs and listening effectively);
Unit 2: Telephone handling and administrative skills (including database management, using Opera PMS V5 software for checking-in and checking-out guests and managing meetings including minute-taking);
Unit 3: Business communication skills (including producing business documents, technical writing skills, computing skills for Microsoft Word/Excel/Powerpoint/Outlook).
During your course, you will also be taught crucial job-finding skills such as CV, personal statement and cover letter writing and interview techniques to maximise your chances of securing gainful employment.
- Course Materials Receptionist Training
- Professional Receptionist Training Course Objectives
- The 90: 90 Principle to create a powerful first impression
- Hot Telephone Tips
- Get the facts- ask the right questions
- Discuss Solutions- learning to listen
- Dealing with difficult customers
- Practice good telephone skills
- Managing database and company files
- Booking or Reservation procedure
- Deal effectively with security and safety issues
- Meeting Arrangements
- Successful Meetings & Minutes
- Organising a Meeting
- Arranging Business Travel and Accommodation
- Email Tutorial
- How to use Social Media to promote your company
- How to write a formal letter
- How to write Business Memo
- Business Writing and Memos
- Minute Taking
- Taking Minutes
- Microsoft Excel Tutorial
- MS PowerPoint Tips
- MS Word Tips & Tricks
- Microsoft Outlook
At the end of the course, you will be required to sit an online multiple-choice test. Your grade will be assessed automatically and immediately so that you will instantly know whether you have been successful. Successful students will be awarded a Diploma in Professional Receptionist Training, which is a recognised qualification.
As a leading qualification provider, Global Edulink can help you to enhance your natural abilities and experience in reception, switchboard and clerical duties, and demonstrate that you are willing and able to improve yourself and achieve professional development.
Global Edulink - together, shaping your future
Global Edulink is an established provider for professional skills training in the United Kingdom. Courses are designed for a wide audience of professionals seeking A-Level training in education, IT, security, English language and office administration. Global Edulink training courses focus on...
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Diploma in Professional Receptionist - Online course - simply fill out your details: