Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Diploma in Dog GroomingGlobal Edulink
Diploma in Dog Grooming
Dog grooming has become a huge industry over the last few years, and is now worth just under five million pounds in the UK, and with the average brit spending £95 a month on their furry friend, there has never been a better time to become a Dog Groomer. So if you love dogs, and want to turn this passion into a lucrative business, why not take this Diploma in Dog Grooming?
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is ideally suited towards anyone hoping to become a Dog Groomer, whether you hope to work in an existing dog grooming parlour, or if you hope to establish your own dog grooming business.
Learners should be age 16 or over, and must have a basic understanding of Maths, English, and ICT.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Successful learners will be awarded a Diploma in Dog Grooming.
Training Course Content
- Develop your own dog grooming technique
- Understand how to safely work with dogs
- Learn the proper first aid procedures
- Understand dog anatomy and the types of coat
- Learn to groom various kinds of coat
- Free examination and e-certificate
- Gain an accredited UK qualification
- Access to excellent quality video tutorials
- Learners will be eligible for an NUS Discount Card
- Excellent tutor support Monday-Friday
- One year’s access to the course
- Support by phone, live chat, and email
- Join a friendly online learning platform
- Module 01: Introduction to Grooming
- Module 02: Safe Set up Procedure for Grooming
- Module 03: Pet Safety Procedures
- Module 04: First aid
- Module 05: Dog’s Common Skin and Coat Disorders
- Module 06: Scabies, Otitis, Conjunctivitis, and Plaque
- Module 07: Grooming Tools
- Module 08: Hygiene and Disinfection Procedures
- Module 09: How to Dog Groomers Approach Dogs
- Module 10: Anatomy & types of coat
- Module 11: Standard Dog Grooming Styles
This online training course is comprehensive and designed to cover the topics listed under the curriculum.
Course Access Duration:
This course is delivered through a system that you will have access to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for 365 days (12 months). As this is an online course, you have no set timetable and can study at your own pace. Move through the modules as fast or slow as you wish, and return to previous sections at any point.
Method of Assessment:
At the end of the course learners will also take an online multiple choice questions assessment test. This online multiple choice questions test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
What job can I get with this diploma?
- Dog Groomer (average UK yearly salary: £17,798)
Typical duties include:
- Preparing equipment for clients
- Chatting with clients and booking appointments
- Bathing dogs and getting them ready for grooming
- Grooming dogs coat
- Clipping dogs coats and claws
What other jobs can I get with this diploma?
- Kennel Assistant (average UK yearly salary: £15,600)
- Veterinary Care Assistant (average UK yearly salary: £15,482)
- Laboratory Animal Caretaker (average UK yearly salary: £15,482)
Global Edulink - together, shaping your future
Global Edulink is an established provider for professional skills training in the United Kingdom. Courses are designed for a wide audience of professionals seeking A-Level training in education, IT, security, English language and office administration. Global Edulink training courses focus on...
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Diploma in Dog Grooming course - simply fill out your details: