Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Abnormal PsychologyGlobal Edulink
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN STUDYING HUMAN BEHAVIOUR?
This Abnormal Psychology course is the perfect opportunity. Abnormal Psychology is a division of Psychology that deals with any behaviour deemed to be unusual which cannot be categorised by a known mental illness. This specialist area is particularly useful in the field of clinical psychology, so if you hope to study clinical psychology, or hope to become a clinical psychologist, then this course would be ideal.
The course is divided into modules which are comprehensive and very informative. Learners will gain insight into clinical research, different models of abnormal behaviour, and the ethics of psychological research. As well as this, study different behaviour states, such as dissociative disorders, personality disorders, and cognitive disorder to name just a few. Learners who complete this course successfully will have a well-rounded and technical knowledge of the subject, having gained skills which can be transferred to further study, or work.
Learning with Global Edulink has many advantages. The course material is delivered straight to you and can be adapted to fit in with your lifestyle. It is created by experts within the industry, meaning you are receiving accurate information, which is up-to-date and easy to understand.
This course is comprised of professionally narrated e-Learning modules, interactive quizzes, tests, and exams. All delivered through a system that you will have access to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for 365 days (12 months). An effective support service and study materials will build your confidence to secure your qualification.
Please Note: This Course is Based on USA Standards.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Who is this course for?
- This course would be very suitable for anyone hoping to go on to higher study, or those hoping to work in Psychology, particularly clinical psychology.
- This course would also benefit people hoping to go on to further study of psychology.
Learners must be age 16 or over and should have a basic understanding of the English Language, numeracy, literacy, and ICT.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be awarded a Certificate in Abnormal Psychology Training.
Training Course Content
1. What is Abnormal Psychology? & Clinical research.
2. What is Biological Psychology?
3. The Psychodynamic Behavioural and Abnormal Functioning Models
4. The Cognitive Model, and the Humanistic-Existential Model of Abnormal Functioning
5. The Sociocultural Model and Abnormal Functioning
6. What is the Diathesis Stress Model in Psychology?
7. Clinical Assessment of Psychological Disorders
8. Understanding Mood and Managing Anxiety Disorders
9. Understanding Somatoform and Managing Stress Disorders
10. What is Dissociative Disorder and Anorexia Nervosa?
11. Sexual Dysfunction & Gender Identity Disorders
12. Overview of Substance and Psychotic Use Disorders
13. Introduction to Cognitive and Lifespan Development Disorders
14. Types of Personality and Factitious Disorders
15. Treatments of Abnormality and Ethical and Legal Issues
Benefits you will gain:
- High-quality e-learning study materials and mock exams.
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts.
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal.
- The benefit of applying for TOTUM Discount Card.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.
Method of Assessment:
At the end of the course, learners will also take an online multiple choice questions assessment test. This online multiple choice questions test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
This certificate will boost up your qualifications for a scope of job roles in the psychology industry. This certificate can also help you with your career progression goals as it improves your knowledge and expertise for the various job promotions and salary increment incentives put forth by the organisation.
- Clinical Psychologist – £39,537 per annum
- Mental Health Counselor – £24,270 per annum
- Educational Psychologist – £39,945 per annum
- Forensic Psychologist – £31,283 per annum
- Psychologist – £30,955 per annum
- Sports Psychologist – £25,000 per annum
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Global Edulink - together, shaping your future
Global EduLink, located at the heart of London, is a pioneer in online education for UK learners and other learners across the globe. With over 224,000 happy learners, Global EduLink makes sure that your requirements are met by proving you...
Find out more about this Abnormal Psychology course - simply fill out your details: