Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
2020 - Company Secretary Roles and Responsibilities - Online ( 1 Day)Excellence in Learning
2020 Company Secretary Roles and Responsibilities - Online
This Company Secretary training course is designed for both experienced and newly appointed or about to be appointed Company Secretaries who want to ensure that they are able to provide the best possible support to the Board. For this you should know and understand the collective board responsibilities, as well as the individual responsibilities of directors.
The Company Secretary is an officer of the company and is at the centre of many decision making processes. He or she will usually also be a Board Director or a Senior Manager. The Company Secretary offers guidance to the Board and protects the interests of the company and its stakeholders. The Company Secretary is a central figure within the Corporate Governance function of the company.
This requires the Company Secretary to know and understand the collective responsibilities of the board, as well as the individual responsibilities of directors. This means you must become and remain familiar with all of the relevant laws and regulations, including the Companies Act 2006, the relevant aspects of the 2018 UK Corporate Governance Code and the new legislation in effect from 1 January 2019.
This course will clearly explain the role and responsibilities of the Company Secretary, as well as the recent Corporate Governance and legal changes effective from 1 January 2019.
To ensure that the participants attending this training course will get the maximum possible benefit from their time and that the discussions will be at their most effective; the participant numbers will be limited to a maximum of 12 attendees.
The course is delivered by some of the best Corporate Governance tutors in the UK. They are heavily involved with Corporate Governance at the highest levels and have a wealth of practical experience at their fingertips, as well as outstanding theoretical knowledge. The role and responsibilities of the Company Secretary will be comprehensively covered by this course.
Do you have questions about COVID-19 in relation to this course?
At findcourses.co.uk we are committed to helping everyone who wants to learn, to learn. So are our trusted partner providers.
Get in touch on this page to find out whether there are any changes to this course in light of COVID-19.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
This course is recognised for CPD purposes by most professional institutes and associations including the Law Society, the CIM, the CMI, the ICAEW, the Institute of Learning and the CIPD. Formal Certificates of Professional Development will be issued by email to participants who successfully complete this course.
These certificates will enable participants to evidence the update of their CPD records. The workshop will consider how to best apply the knowledge gained by the participants upon their return to the workplace. This element of the programme is designed to maximise the benefits of attending and enable participants to make valued judgments when recording CPD activities
Training Course Content
The training course will cover:
- Legal Framework
- Applicable Laws & Regulatory Framework
- The role and responsibilities of the Company Secretary
- When is a Company Secretary required
- The appointment and removal of a Company Secretary
- Companies Act 2006 Requirements
- Director Definitions
- Executive and Non-executive Directors
- Differences between the Officers of the Company
- Appointment and Removal of Directors
- Seven Statutory Director Duties
- Director Liabilities, Insurances and Indemnities
- Declarations of Interest
- Director Pay
- Director Contracts
- Director Loans and Transactions
- Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Shareholder Communications, Relationships and Dealings
- Legal Reporting Requirements
- People with Significant Control
- Shadow Directors, Defacto Directors and Alternate Directors
- UK Corporate Governance Code 2018
- Overview of the Code
- Effective Boards
- Board Evaluations
- The role of the Chairman
- Independent Non-Executive Directors
- Board Committees
- Director Induction and Development
- Shareholder Relations and Meetings
- Shareholder Dissent
- Wates Voluntary Corporate Governance Code
- Insolvency Act 1986and the Director Disqualification Act
- Director Liabilities
- Director Actions and Conduct before Insolvency
- Insolvency Process
- Creditors, Secured, Preferred amd Unsecured
- "Pre-Packs", Pre-Packaged Administrations
- What you can and cannot do to try to save the company
- Common Mistakes and their consequences
- Board Meetings and Committees
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Excellence in Learning - Quality Development for the Learning Community
We provide training courses, internally and on an open scheduled basis. These training courses will give you all of the essential information needed for you and your organisation to be successful. These are delivered in a professional and easily understandable...
Find out more about this 2020 - Company Secretary Roles and Responsibilities - Online ( 1 Day) course - simply fill out your details: