Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Blogging (level 3): Overview
This blogging course has been endorsed under the ABC and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme.
CMP's online blogging course will equip you with the skills you need to build and maintain a top-quality blog that attracts visitors.
The course offers the chance to share your opinions and passions with the entire online community.
Without the right training and guidance, you run the risk of failure.
CMP's blogging course teaches you a proven way to get your blog up and running in a short amount of time, even if you are a complete beginner.
CMP also teach you how to generate ideas for posts and strategies for promoting your blog.
In addition, you will learn how to apply media law to blogging, so you avoid falling foul of the rules relating to libel and copyright.
CMP's comprehensive blogging course will teach you how to:
- identify a great subject to blog about
- create and design your blog using standard web tools
- write interesting and entertaining posts
- promote your blog on social media platforms and optimise it for search engines
- engage visitors, generate comments on your posts and increase site traffic
Successful blogging is hugely satisfying, if you go about it the right way.
CMP's teaching materials are produced by experts and the assignments allow you to apply the skills you are learning, straight to your blog.
CMP can even design and build a blog for you for a small fee, so you don't have to worry about the technical aspects when you are getting started.
Accreditation and Endorsements
It's important that you study with a provider you can trust. CMP have been successfully delivering our online courses since 2003, and are one of the most trusted and respected names in the industry.
This blogging course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards’ Quality Licence Scheme.
CMP are also fully accredited by the EADL, IADL, and ABCC, and are listed on the UK Register of Learning Providers, which is run by the government's Department for Education.
Duration and Hours
Online courses are different. But most people find they are more effective and convenient than face-to-face study.
You study when, and where you want to. The duration of this course is 30 hours. You fit these hours in whenever is best for you, and study at a pace you're completely comfortable with.
There are no fixed start dates, you can enrol at any time.
Course Tutor: Cleland Thom
Cleland has provided writing training for some of the UK's biggest businesses and websites, including Intel, Sony and United Utilities.
He is a leading blogger, with a regular column at the Press Gazette which attracts thousands of hits every week. He also contributes to several other sites.
He will mark your assignments, answer your questions and give you friendly help and advice.
This course has attracted plenty of positive course reviews, like the one below. You can read all of them on our own website, or on the reviews section to the right hand side of this page.
Suitability - Who should attend?
CMP's Blogging course is suitable for existing and aspiring bloggers looking to create interactive blogs that get noticed.
It is ideal for those with looking to showcase their current skills or looking to make a career of pro blogging.
You may be a complete beginner, or an experienced writer looking to add another string to your bow.
There are no requirements for this course, it's for beginners, or for people wanting to refresh or redefine their skills.
What will I need?:
- access to a computer, tablet or similar device
- W-Fi, 4G, or broadband
- Microsoft Word software, or equivalent: OpenOffice, iWork pages
- an email account
*This course is also suitable for Apple Mac users.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Our blogging course has been independently endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme. So at the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the Units the learner has completed as part of the course).
In addition, you will receive the accredited CMP level 3 diploma in blogging, which is recognised in the UK and beyond. It proves you are a certified blogger.
These certifications will enable you to apply for blogging and content writing jobs, find freelance work, or use your new skills in the workplace.
Training Course Content
Blogging course subjects:
You will cover the subjects below.
CMP sometimes add new subjects, remove old ones, and change the order, to improve the course and keep it up to date.
Lesson 01: Starting your blog:
- Name, create and design your own blog, using standard web tools
- State some of the common terminology used in blogging
Lesson 02: What to write
- Identify the purpose of an effective posting
- How to research and form a valid opinion for each posting
- Create content about celebrities and VIPs
Lesson 03: Who to write for
- Define your blog’s target reader
- Adapt your content and writing style to suit their needs
Lesson 04: Writing techniques
- Make your postings clear, engaging and interesting
- Apply keywords effectively
Lesson 05: Getting noticed
- Ensure your blog is correctly listed
- Optimise your blog so that search engines find it
- Use social media and other tools to promote your blog and boost traffic
Lesson 06: Keeping your blog legal
- Understand and apply the laws that can affect bloggers
- Write controversial posts that keep within the laws of libel
- Apply copyright law correctly
Lesson 07: Maintaining and developing your blog
- Use tools and techniques to ensure your blog’s long-term popularity
- Draw up a social media action plan
Lesson 08: Live blogging
- Use tools to blog about live events from your smartphone or tablet
The price of this course is £274.50 (incl. VAT). This fee can either be paid in full, or over three interest free monthly payments of £91.50.
You can pay using one of the following options:
- Online credit or debit card payment
- Bank transfer (online banking)
- Employer invoice
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
College of Media and Publishing
There are significant advantages by studying at a genuine online college that is fully accredited, quality endorsed and registered by the UK government. Whether you want to learn new skills at home or develop your career at work, our online...
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Blogging Level 3 Diploma course - simply fill out your details: