Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Sustainable development meets the needs of the present by carrying out activities that do not compromise future generations’ ability to meet their own needs.
On this FREE course, developed by the CIOB and London South Bank University, you’ll learn about the obligations and actions that play a role in the concept and practice of sustainability in construction and development. You’ll explore the need for environmental, economic and social sustainability, and the implications for the construction industry.
You’ll learn best practices from successful sustainability initiatives, and understand the challenge of achieving sustainability in the future.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is for anyone interested in sustainable construction and development, but may be of particular interest to those working in or studying construction and the wider built environment.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of the complexities of sustainability from generic and project specific perspectives, and the obligations of stakeholders
- Evaluate the environmental considerations of sustainability and their implications on construction processes and practices
- Evaluate economic considerations of sustainability and their implications on construction processes and practices
- Evaluate social considerations of sustainability and their implications on construction processes and practices
- Demonstrate knowledge of lessons learned from good practices of sustainability initiatives, and better understand how these could be implemented in projects
- Explain the nature of the task of attaining sustainability in the built environment in future, considering the most likely future scenario of the sustainable development agenda.
Training Course Content
In this online course, you will cover:
- The complexities of sustainability in construction and development of the built assets, together with challenges, importance, and impact of role performance.
- Environmental sustainability in construction and development of built assets, and the important roles of innovations, professionalism, ethics, culture and procurement practices and regulations.
- Economic sustainability and the roles of effective business cases, organisational size, dynamics of networks & integrated delivery; and procurement practices.Social sustainability in construction and development of built assets, and the roles of construction processes, outputs and outcomes on people and society.
- Lessons learned from good and best practices in sustainability, and how these could be embraced and taken-up, together with challenges and appropriate guidelines for implementation.
- Future challenges in sustainable development based on possible scenarios considering the level of success of current mitigation and adaptation measures.
CIOB Academy - Excellence in the Construction Industry
CIOB Academy is the training arm of The Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) - the worldwide professional body in construction management. Launched in 2016, the Academy provides a wide range of courses to help people develop successful careers in the construction...
Find out more about this Sustainable Construction and Development course - simply fill out your details: