Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
The Geography Diploma Course provides a broad introduction into the complex world of geography. You’ll explore the Earth’s physical components to understand relative geographical processes that encompass surface features such as mountains, valleys, rivers, lakes, oceans, and various environmental biomes. You’ll also discover the implications of human interactions within those environments to establish our own understanding of the natural world.
Studying this course will enable you to define and distinguish various geographical concepts including techniques, historical significance, physical components, human ideologies, and environmental implications. You will learn how geography has changed over time to accommodate shifting human societal structures as a result of agriculture, industrialization, and urbanization.
By studying this course, you will:
- Understand geography’s basic disciplines and development
- Explore various tools and techniques used by geographers throughout history
- Be able to describe the physical characteristics of Earth’s environment
- Be able to distinguish physical marine and freshwater geographic concepts
- Explore and differentiate terrestrial, marine, and freshwater biomes
- Understand patterns and changes to human populations
- Explore the historical development of agriculture, and understand associated relationships between people and the environment
- Explore the effects of industrialization
- Understand the geographic significance of political and economic complexities
- Understand the geographical significance of cultural influences
Outcome / Qualification etc.
The Geography Diploma Course will take you up to 150 hours to complete, working from home. There is no time limit for completing this course, it can be studied in your own time at your own pace.
This is a Level 3 course and will give you 150 CPD (Continued Professional Development) points.
Upon completion of your course assessments, you receive 2 certificates. A certificate from the Centre of Excellence and a CPD certificate displaying the number of CPD points earned from the course.
Upon successful completion of this course, learners can also receive a certificate of achievement from Quality Licence Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary, which lists the details of all the units the learner has completed as part of the course. (This certificate is optional and costs an additional £15).
The Quality Licence Scheme is a leading national Awarding Organisation. It has a long-established reputation for developing and awarding high-quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries.
This course has been endorsed under the Quality Licence Scheme.
Training Course Content
Module 1: History of Geography
Module 2: Geographic Techniques
Module 3: Physical Geography Land Masses and The Environment
Module 4: Physical Geography Marine and Freshwater
Module 5: Biomes
Module 6: Human Populations and Migration
Module 7: Agriculture
Module 8: Industrialisation
Module 9: Political Organisation
Module 10: Cultural Patterns
Centre of Excellence Online - achieve your goals and get to where you want to be.
The Centre of Excellence Online (CEO) aims to aid individuals on their road to excellence in every part of life. Using a huge catalogue of high quality distance learning training courses, participants will be able to learn new skills or...