Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Business Partnering (Advanced CPD)
Business Partnering involves the use of key competencies and skills to drive business outcomes which add value to an organisation.
This Advanced CPD course provides a detailed journey of discovery into business partnering.
The course is designed to enhance existing and new business partners. The course content and structure aims to quickly maximise a learner's practical application of new skills and competences into the workplace.
Why choose our courses?
- All of Business Partnering Global’s courses are based around our uniquely designed ‘6 Stage General Model’ for business partnering, which has been developed by international leaders with many years of practical experience in this field. The course also incorporates our successfully published Business Partnering book called a ‘A Practical Handbook’
- The ‘6 stage General Model’ offers an innovative and structured learning approach that enables you to develop business partnering knowledge, skills and competences to maximise your effectiveness within an organisation. Our courses have been uniquely designed to work for all business partnering disciplines including Human Resources, Finance, Procurement, Information Technology functions and consultancy.
- The course modules and material has been written and designed by professionals with many years of real practical experience of establishing and managing business partnering structures in industry.
- The courses provide a blended format of learning including video lectures, reading, animations, practical models, stage test questions and challenging themed case studies.
- Our courses include ‘action learning’ which together with the challenging case study themes and useful tools and techniques, means learners can have confidence in applying these skills immediately in their workplace.
- The qualification courses provide full accreditation at SCQF (Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework) levels 7, 8 and 10. Our CPD courses are also based on this accredited content.
- Our on line platform offers a flexible anytime, anywhere learning experience.
If you are a new or current business partner and are looking to enhance your capability and your career opportunities, then this an excellent choice for you.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Advanced CPD course is primarily aimed at senior/executive business partners. However, this course would also be valuable to new and experienced business partners wanting to improve their skills and competences.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
We offer a number of courses on Business Partnering. To help you to decide what level of course to take please see the guidance below:
Guidance to support you in making the right choice of course
- Course levels: All of Business Partnering Global’s courses are based around our uniquely designed ‘6 Stage General Model’ for business partnering. Our course levels (ie Introductory, Intermediate and Advanced) are therefore based on the same core content. What differs however, is the depth of reading required and the level of challenge in the test questions and case study assessments. Furthermore, the level of personal reflection and application required varies for each of the course levels.
- CPD V Qualification: The key differences between the CPD and qualification courses are that the latter require a portfolio thesis, additional reflective action learning and further reading. The qualification courses also lead to full accreditation at Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework levels 7 (Introductory), 8 (Intermediate) and 10 (Advanced).
- Time and cost: The higher the level of course the higher the cost and time required to complete, as they are more detailed and challenging. The qualification courses for each level also cost more and involve more time, but in return they offer full accreditation.
Note all our courses are designed to be 'stand alone' and not to be taken consecutively
Outcome / Qualification etc.
The Advanced CPD course outcomes and benefits are:
You will gain an in depth understanding and analysis of the 6 stages of business partnering content, tools, models and techniques. This will complement your existing professional knowledge.
The practical nature of this course content, means you will be able to apply new skills in your workplace, both during and immediately following completion of this course. These include:
- Enhancing your own personal and professional performance
- How to understand the business operation you support
- Building effective teams
- Dealing with conflict management
- Building effective relationships with different stakeholders.
- Using tools, methods and techniques to support delivery
- Managing change effectively
- Delivering goals, targets, and outcomes
With these skills and insights, you will have an increased confidence in undertaking business partner activities at a senior level, which in turn will drive real value and outcomes at team and organisational level.
The course will enhance your leadership skills and thereby potentially improve your career and promotion prospects
200 CPD hours and certification
Training Course Content
This Advanced CPD course provides knowledge, skills and competences through the provision of lectures, core /further reading, challenging test questions and detail practical case studies. In addition, there is a requirement to undertake ‘action learning’ which involves an evaluation of your own personal strengths and a detailed plan of action for your workplace.
Assessment is based on test questions and case studies
Our course content commences with an introduction to the concepts, drivers and emergence of Business Partnering and then takes you step by step through the 6 stage General Model:
- STAGE 1 Preparation: We start with an exploration of personal discovery and review. What knowledge, skills and competency gaps do you have which need to be addressed, in order to effectively perform your Business Partnering role? Next we consider the importance of assessing the power of stakeholders, the needs of stakeholders and what style of business partnering to adopt in different situations. Finally, we explore how to appraise an organisation’s culture and how to undertake a situation analysis including the associated priorities a business partner needs to consider.
- STAGE 2 Engagement: We commence with the setting of expectations and common goals between the business partner and their key stakeholders. Once expectations and goals are understood, there needs to be consideration as to the level of formality of these relationships. There are various engagement models that a Business Partner can adopt, from a formal contractual arrangement, through to an informal laissez-faire approach. We next explore the soft skills and values such as empathy and trust that a Business Partner needs in order to form the important lasting ‘Psychological contract’ with their stakeholders. Finally, we explain stakeholder profiles and business partnering placement models including functional, outsourced and consultancy approaches.
- STAGE 3 Acceptance: We firstly explore the key barrier of acceptance for a Business Partner which is ‘conflict’ with stakeholders. This includes the causes and types of conflict and various management approaches to conflict resolution. We then examine each step of the nine position model of acceptance for Business Partners and stakeholders, including how to achieve the ultimate win win position. We also consider different thinking styles and how to recognise these as part of the acceptance process. Next we explore the constraints and enablers that impact on the acceptance process. Finally, we consider the acceptance and integration process of the Business Partner into the stakeholder team and also importantly how the stakeholder’s team integrates with the organization.
- STAGE 4 Delivery: This starts with an overview of the business, operating and delivery models. For a Business Partner to support stakeholders with product or service delivery requirements, they need to understand how their organisation’s operation works. We also examine the quantitative and qualitative constraints and potential enablers for delivery. Next we introduce various delivery support methods which include risk management, Six Sigma, Lean and key performance indicators. Finally, we cover the fundamentals of budgeting which are essential for operational delivery and something that both business partners and stakeholders frequently work together on.
- STAGE 5 Change: Firstly, we consider the various internal and external factors that can cause required changes within organisations. Business Partners frequently play a central role in supporting organisational change initiatives at strategic, tactical and operational levels. Next we introduce a variety of tools and methods that are typically used to aid with change including benchmarking, balanced scorecard, technology improvements (including analytics) and project management techniques. Finally, we explain how to deal with resistance to change, the enablers of change and business process engineering.
- STAGE 6 Outcomes: In this final stage, we initially consider the importance of Business Partners delivering positive outcomes, which can be at organizational, stakeholder and team levels. Next we examine the personal outcomes of Business Partners such as job enrichment, job enlargement, motivation and career development. Personal development outcomes are also explored in terms of the improvement of softer skills and through the building of longer term trust with stakeholders. Finally, we consider the outcomes relating to ethics, the establishment of business partnering programmes and how we measure outcomes.
Course cost is £1,750
Business Partnering Global Ltd
Business Partnering Global provides cloud / online based courses to suit your own learning preferences and work life balance. Our Qualification and CPD Business Partnering courses are offered at Advanced, Intermediate and Introductory levels. Business Partnering Global Ltd also...
Find out more about this Business Partnering (Advanced CPD) course - simply fill out your details: