Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Data Protection - A Comprehensive Introduction
Data Protection is an increasingly pervasive topic which stretches from Employment Law, through Commercial Contracts and Marketing and even into Mergers and Acquisitions.
This one-day course provides a comprehensive introduction to the topic by providing an overview of the Data Protection Act 1998 and then highlighting key areas of concern for the commercial practitioner.
The course adopts a practical and common sense approach throughout with the emphasis on commercial as well as legal considerations. Delegates will be given the opportunity to apply their knowledge through a series of practical exercises.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course will be of benefit to lawyers of all levels and non-lawyers (especially accountants, human resource managers, IT managers and corporate officers).
Outcome / Qualification etc.
- To describe the key terminology associated with the Data Protection Act 1998 and to demonstrate an understanding of the key principles, obligations and rights
- To comprehend the rules relating to Data Subject Access Requests and apply them in a commercially sound and compliant manner
- To describe the issues relating to direct marketing activity and to consider various approaches to ensure compliance and maximise marketing revenue
- To understand the issues relating to the transfer of personal data outside of the European Economic Area and to apply this knowledge to a given set of facts
- To describe the effect of the Data Protection Act 1998 on the acquisition and disposal of businesses
- To outline the key rights set out in the Employment Code of Practice
- To comprehend the enforcement options available to the Information Commissioner
- To be aware of the effect of Monetary Penalty Notices and to consider recent examples
- To describe proposed changes to Data Protection legislation in the UK in the light of ongoing developments at EU level
BPP Professional Education - Accountancy, Tax, Financial Services, Law & Insolvency Courses
BPP Professional Education is one of the specialist examination-based and professional development training arm of the BPP Group, Europe's biggest professional education and publishing provider with 2,000 staff members across 40 countries and over 30,000 students per year. BPP Professional Education...
Find out more about this Data Protection - A Comprehensive Introduction (including GDPR) course - simply fill out your details: