Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Diversity and InclusionBiteSize Learning
Diversity and Inclusion
All available course dates
Diversity and Inclusion - In-house Course
Is the same event described by one person as “offensive and humiliating” and the rest of the team as “harmless fun”? Different values and views of acceptable behaviour can make the workplace a minefield. If your organisation is missing out on the rich diversity of talent available and being limited by employees from the same mould, you may wish to address unconscious bias. This highly participative module, designed for all employees, gives practical steps to bringing unwanted behaviour to an end and developing a genuinely inclusive culture.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for all employees looking to gain a better understanding of diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Participants will be able to:
- understand the range of acceptable boundaries and diverse values that exist
- know that "banter" or humour could be misplaced and inadvertently be causing distress
- understand the consequences of harassment and bullying
- mark boundaries and put an end to unwanted behaviour
- seek help when necessary and intervene on behalf of a colleague
- use the Company’s procedure when a formal solution is necessary
- learn to make unconscious biases conscious
- develop an inclusive culture that attracts diversity and benefits from difference
What is unwanted behaviour?
- Is it the reaction of the recipient or intention of the perpetrator that is key?
- Identifying our boundaries and those of others
Company and legal position
- Statute, case law and penalties
- More than just “isms”
- How do we view it and deal with it?
- To the individual, the team and the Company
Stopping unwanted behaviour
- Timely intervention
- Establishing and reinforcing boundaries
- 3 step framework for changing behaviour
Diversity, inclusion and unconscious bias
- Making unconscious bias conscious
- Developing a diverse and inclusive workplace
Why choose BiteSize Learning
We have a team of 14 trainers expert in their subjects
Our trainers are rated 4.8 out of 5
Our programme content is rated 4.7 out of 5
The cost of this in-house course is £1,200 (+VAT and travel expenses) for up to twelve people. BiteSize Learning courses are discounted if two are delivered in one day, from £1,200 for a single course to £2,160 for two courses in one day.
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
BiteSize Learning - Short, High-Impact Workplace Training
BiteSize Learning offers a range of short, flexible and cost-effective training sessions, delivered at your workplace to maximise time, impact and organisational success. BiteSize courses have no flannel or fillers, just ready-to-use tools and techniques to enhance individual and team...